3:22- Hibernation

2130 words

"YOU DROVE HER ACROSS THE WHOLE FUCKING TRIBE? TO BUSAN?!" Seonghwa gulped, the darkening sky only adding to the uneasy atmosphere. I watched innocently, my hands sweating against the bunches of plastic bags I held. I got a little carried away when we went shopping, which is why we arrived a little later then we hoped.

"Yes."

"I can't believe this- and she met her parents?" Seonghwa nodded as a response, shifting on his feet uncomfortably. "Did they treat you well? Did anything happen, y/n?" It was then I could see the fear, he looked more terrified now then when I told him about my purity. It surprised me, and changed my attitude completely. I felt worried about him, he must have stressed a lot.

"Yes, they did. I was prepared for their rejection either way, but it never came. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I just couldn't have anyone getting in my way." Hongjoong closed his eyes, his neck craned back and he pulled his hair.

"All right, I'm glad. We can talk about it more later. I have to go come up with an excuse for your absence in the Capital with Yeosang, everyone here has noticed your disappearance." He pouted and gave me a smile. Then glanced at Seonghwa, "if you ever put her in danger again, I'll kick you where the sun don't shine." With that he walked away.

I chuckled, Seonghwa followed me as I started walking. "He's so cute, like a Chihuahua." Seonghwa scoffed, he trudged next to me under the weight of all the luggage.

"He's annoying."

••••

"Wooyoung messed with me a lot." He joined me on the bed, he just got out of the shower. I was less flattered by his looks and more appreciative. It didn't matter what he looked like, in any form or existence I'd still love him. That's something I realized a while ago, but only recently admitted to myself. Nonetheless, I couldn't deny the longing I felt for his warmth. Or the way I felt when his eyes flickered towards mine, with his hair sparkly and wet. Impurities and little imperfections sprinkled across his skin that only I got to see, he was extraordinarily good at hiding them. Yet he revealed nearly all of it to me, including his first heartbreak.

It was shortly after I had gotten injured by Alyss, and went to the royal gathering. He told me about Dal-rae, his ex girlfriend. The one he gave his purity to. He said that she seemed like a nice, simple girl. He met her at school, and began to grow fond of her. Then he mustered the courage to ask her out, and she said yes. They dated for two years, and he watched as her personality slowly changed. She had already lost her purity before she was with him, and she pressured him into doing it. He said at first he didn't regret it, he loved her. But she ended up leaving Seonghwa for another man, claiming that it was never that serious between the two.

Of course it was hard, and painful. Years of dedication and devotion belittled and put to the side so easily. Yet he said he was grateful, he was glad he learned about the twisted nature of the world so early. He was glad he learned not to trust too easily, and he began to recognize the red flags. I adored his mindset, and I decided to learn from him. What happened to me, I'm grateful for, the pain I endured was worth it in the end. I learned, and I became stronger. I was still confused and sensitive. I was still tormented by the fact I was taken advantage of, but at least I realized I was worth it. I'm worth fighting for, and I deserve tenderness and love. These things Seonghwa helped me see, I opened my eyes and accepted myself. Not entirely, but I was making progress.

"Only cause' you're easy to make fun of." I smiled at him, gleaming and pouring my fondness all over him. Hoping he'd feel the love through my touch. I leaned forward from the head of the bed to the end on all fours. He was facing me, and I planted my hands on his thighs. He held back a grin, his eyes squinted. I loved it when he did that, his lips quivered. "Your cheeks are getting fuller, my plan is in motion."