2:6- Bubbles

1227 words

"Already!?" I was confused, but not complaining

"Already!?" I was confused, but not complaining. At least I wouldn't go through pain anymore.

Ksyusha bit her lip as she flipped through her notes. "Yes indeed, you're in the second stage."

"How so? What triggered it?" My wide eyes examined the room as I spoke. I was in my bedroom, it was empty except for us.

"I looked through past documents. All I found out is that your chances of transitioning to the next stage are heightened when emotionally distressed or strained." Declared the current president of HPL, the Health and Physical Laboratories. There were no royals who chose the position, so she was appointed. Ksyusha was more talented than me, though the elders wouldn't admit it.

"Oh.. Where's Seonghwa?" I looked behind her, towards the door. I could feel him, like an alarm in my brain would sound when he was near. That's never happened before, and it freaked me out.

Ksyusha put her clipboard down next to me before jogging to the door, her long blonde hair flew after her. "He's right here- Oh hey, you can come in." She opened the door and backed away, Hongjoong sprinted in at full speed.

"Are you okay?!" He exclaimed, worry dripped from his words, I was surprised by the intense display of emotion.

"Yes, I feel good." I opened my arms for him to fall into, he enveloped me in his arms vehemently. I looked up to see Seonghwa, his cheeks were a bright pink. He must have been worried, he refused to make eye contact.

"I was worried." Seonghwa said softly, his voice a deep whisper. His arms were crossed, and he looked around.

When I looked at him, it felt different. I wasn't magnetized to him anymore. I didn't feel the usual overwhelming obsession or adoration. I didn't even know what I felt, I just knew I had to be close to him.

I had only seen him two times before. But I could feel the difference.

Hongjoong finally backed away, he looked back and forth between Seonghwa and I. In the corner of my eye, I saw Hongjoong crack a smile before leading Ksyusha out of the room without a word.

"Seonghwa.." My gloomy eyes watched him carefully as I sat up. I reached over and took his hand in mine. He looked at me with a startled expression. "Can I have a.. um- hug?" I bit the inside of my bottom lip, my hand fondled with his.

Seonghwa looked down at me with wide, astounded eyes. It took him a few seconds for him to realize what I had just said, but once he did, he bent down hesitantly. I took the lead from there, since it looked like he didn't know where to put his arms.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer. I could hear his breaths quicken next to my ear, and his hands wove around my waist. I rested my head in the slope that connected his neck to his shoulder, I was in paradise.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah?" I pulled back a little so that I could see his face.

He looked flustered, his ears were red. I admired his face, his feminine eyes but masculine face shape. A narrow nose that spread out a little at the bottom, and full lips. It astonished me how badly I longed to touch them, to kiss them. I wanted them to press against every inch of my skin, I wanted them to be mine.

"You-" he paused. I stared into his eyes, intrigued by him. "..Your heirs have been waiting."

I sighed, looking away from him and closing my eyes. He let go of me and sat on the edge of the bed. "I couldn't care less." I stood up from my bed, and I stretched my arms up and yawned. "I don't want you around them." I huffed out a breath and looked into my large full length mirror. My hair was a mess, but at least I was still in my dress.

"Why not? I haven't even met them and you're already jealous." Seonghwa smiled cheekily, he turned around and leaned on his right arm. He observed me closely, like I was under a magnifying glass. My arms hugged my chest, I felt uncomfortable. I felt insecure.

"I'm done trying to be kind to them. They returned my benevolence with rejection, then made me feel like I'm a pathetic, irresponsible dumbass. It sounds stupid I kno, I'm too tired to try harder to speak good." My tone was sharp and narrow. I brushed through my hair with my fingers, moving bits and pieces around. I groaned and placed my hands on my face, I rubbed my eyes.

I felt a hand pat my head. I gazed at him almost immediately, my heart pounded. Seonghwa was close behind me, his presence echoed off my back and sent waves of shivers down my spine. "You're not an idiot, like uh.. what's 6 times 14?" Seonghwa asked as he shifted through my hair with his hands. I stayed still, letting him fix my hair.

"84."

"Nice! How about 164 times 927?" Seonghwa chuckled mischievously, my heart fluttered. "Bet you can't-"

"152,028."

"I have no idea if that's right but awesome. Okay wait a second-" A minute of silence fell over us before he spoke again. "Okay, I know the answer to this one. It's easy but you have to answer super quick." Seonghwa walked around, stopping right in front of me. He used his index finger to adjust my hair a bit. "(78÷3)−10(−12.9)."

"155." The corners of my mouth quirked up into a little smile.

"Damn, okay, say something in Hindi."

"मैं बीस से अधिक भाषाओं को जानता हूं."

"Why am I even surprised." A moment of silence washed over us. He was close to my face, if I didn't have lipstick on I would've kissed him. "You're responsible. If it weren't for you, the ember war would still be raging on." He backed away from me, once he was done grooming my hair. "You're stunning, too." I felt like his compliment was random, but my breath quickened nonetheless.

Seonghwa looked down and sighed, "be a good example to them, and they'll have no power over you. It doesn't matter what they did or will do, you serve your people better then they ever could."

"Yes," I said slowly, lost in thought.

"Thank you.."

Seonghwa laughed, a deep bubbly giggle that seemed to dip down into the bottom of his stomach and shoot out from between his gorgeous lips. My heart panged against my chest, and I smiled deliriously. "You're welcome." He walked to the door, and I followed him like a lost puppy.

"Are you alright?" Seonghwa smiled, lips stretching and blooming like a cosmos. He looked at me quizzically, his dark eyes naturally drew me in.

"Yeah, I think I just like you a lot." I wasn't sure I was smart anymore. As a leader of a whole entire planet, I should've been able to communicate my feelings for him in a more sharp and charming way. But that's just how it happened.

Seonghwa giggled a little again, but high-pitched this time. His voice would break occasionally, I adored it. "Thank you, bun, I'm honored."

••••

My eye just twitched really hard.