2:19- Possibilities

3103 words

We laid in bed, a good distance between us

We laid in bed, a good distance between us. I leaned, hunched over my musicbox as I put a chip in. "I finally made one, I've found so many new songs since you got me this thing. I think my style is a little weird." I could feel his gaze on my back, all he could see was a blue silk nightgown and a mountain of red coils.

"It's not weird, but I definitely didn't show you that." He giggled to himself, I simply set the device to the side before sliding down into the sheets. A thumping bass started to kick in, I immediately started swaying to the beat.

"There's something in his eyes, he's keepin' secrets." I sat up in bed, dancing wildly with my arms. Seonghwa laughed at my antics, I looked into his eyes while I sang.

"It's been a very very long night, sitting with my girls sippin' wine like."

"What the hell is wrong with you, did a clown posses you or-" I paused and hit his arm, he closed his eyes and rubbed his arm in pain, yet he didn't stop laughing.

"If you understood good music, you'd be dancing with me." I smiled at him mischievously, before grabbing his hands and making him dance. There I was, being an idiot and dancing with a noncompliant Seonghwa on my bed. I gasped when he pulled me in, making me fall on top of him. Naturally, I wrapped my arms around his torso, I lifted my head to look up at him.

"I have something to tell you, well, ask you." He looked serious, but I could see a smile start to blossom. "Do you know your parents?"

I was a little perplexed, it was a random question. "No, I've never met them. I don't even know what they look like. All I have is a letter that they wrote me, I still haven't opened it though."

"Why?"

"Hongjoong told me that I couldn't open it until my thirteenth, which were my parents wishes, but by then the war was already brewing. I spent two years of my life in that war, my fourteenth and fifteenth. After that I didn't feel up to it, I already was dealing with too much. I didn't think I could handle knowing about the life I could've had, so I chose to ignore it." I put my bent arm on his chest, nuzzling my chin in the pillow I made from my arm.

"How do you, uh, feel now?" His eyes were wide now, he was acting weird.

"I feel better about it. The only reason I haven't done it yet is because I was waiting to find you, my partner. I thought I'd be able to handle it better with someone by my side. I'll do it once the three stages are over, maybe." He hummed, his ruined hair fanned out, before it was styled away from his forehead.

He hummed, taking a deep breath. "Well I've been planning this for the past month, and everything is set. It's all up to you, and any answer is valid, okay?"

I nodded, raising my head up curiously. "Do you want to meet your parents?"

"What?" I chuckled airily, as if I couldn't conceive it. "I'm not allowed outside, unless I have a meeting. I can't meet my parents, it would get it the way-"