3:23- Pumpkin Spice 🌓

1770 words

••Seonghwa's POV••

••Seonghwa's POV••

It had been a week since I last saw her, I was prohibited from entering her room. Finally, now that she's calmed down, I'm allowed to see her again. It would've been a month, if I hadn't begged Hongjoong and if she wasn't recovering well. Yet she was making great progress, she could even have normal conversations. Yet they were always manipulative, her only goal was to get to me.

I couldn't prepare myself for her absence, the emotions were more complex than I could ever imagine. Even though I wasn't a royal, and I never had the curse, I still felt an intense sorrow.

"You're lucky I'm letting you do this, I can't even believe I'm letting you do this." Hongjoong breathlessly exclaimed, his hands running through his hair. Seonghwa peered down at him with cold eyes, a mix between eager and hesitant. "I must warn you, after this you can't see her until the third stage is over. So if you'd like to do anything, it should be now." He spat out as if he loathed every single word, he looked conflicted and scared. Fear swelled at Hongjoong's eyes, it made his waterline blood red and sore. I could tell he had been crying, it worsened my mood. "I don't want to put her through the misery of seeing you and losing you. The curse makes her feel physical pain when that happens, it's very dangerous. I don't want to take chances, so use your time wisely."

I nodded, and Hongjoong sighed. He stepped to the side, and opened the door, allowing me to enter. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears. My legs numb and shaky, it felt as though I had never walked before. Then when I saw her dull eyes brighten, I felt as though I couldn't stand.

"Seonghwa! I missed you so much." She ran to me, her hands met my face. Like a machine, her movements were so empty. I smiled and fought the urge to cry. "Guards, can you please leave the room?" The two yellow caped guards looked at me, awaiting my orders. I nodded, then they quickly exited.

She abruptly grabbed my hand, planting my warm palm on her cold, clothed chest. She grinned and her eyes narrowed, triggering a feeling I've never felt before. A nervousness so deep that my skin burned, and my heart ached. "Did you finally come to your senses? Perhaps you couldn't resist." She grinned to herself slyly, snaking her hands up my chest and over my shoulders. Her eyes met mine, then. I could feel shock strike my chest, I quickly changed my line of sight to my hand that was still touching her.

"I'm not doing this because I want to, I just need you back-" No reaction, her stare was blank. Lifeless, dead. Yet her smile faded, replaced with a fake imitation of surprise.

She grabbed my hand and led me to the couch. She didn't force anything, she simply sat and waited for me to follow. Unwillingly, I did.