2:9- Strange

3875 words

My boots sifted through the neatly trimmed grass, and Seonghwa's followed right next to me

My boots sifted through the neatly trimmed grass, and Seonghwa's followed right next to me. I felt more comfortable now that I finally wore pants, along with a large grey coat with fur that lined the edges. Seonghwa wore a big fluffy jacket, and the hoodie clung snuggly to the top of his ebony hair.

The scenery was neat. Streaks of sunlight weaved through the grey clouds, the temperature was cold. Yet blue started to take over the sky, a sign that it'd get warmer later in the day.

Dew from a light morning shower scattered across the fields and bushes all the way into the garden. I could see it not too far away, I smiled at Seonghwa like an excited child. "We first met in the garden, remember?"

Seonghwa nodded, his eyes glimmered with a gentle excitement. "When were they planted?" I pondered his question, looking out into the distance.

"Years ago, I know that the trees have been here for decades. Many of them are dead, but I keep them. The people here would be cross with me, since many people believe that a fairy lives within the dead trees. She's said to bring us good luck." He hummed, a faint grin on his face.

"If I stay with you, will you let me tend to the garden?" He asked, and I perked up.

"Yes. Take everything you want, I don't mind at all." He chuckled at my eager reply. My feet and body swayed, I leaned in a little before tilting back, my walking pace slowed. "But I need background information, do you have-" My smile faltered, and my eyes widened, I turned around.

"What the hell are you doing?" Jongho's calm demeanor made him even scarier. "You can't be outside unsupervised, what if someone just ran up to you and murdered you? Assassinations have happened before." His eyebrows were set in a painfully frightening way. His shoulders were wrapped up in another cape, black this time. I didn't see any metal armor except for a shoulder piece and chain mail around his stomach. What are we in medieval times?

"Hongjoong told me that he needed to speak to Seonghwa this morning, but couldn't find him anywhere." Jongho's glare was now directed towards Seonghwa. "Were you, perhaps, in the royals room?"

Seonghwa avoided eye contact at all costs, he coughed a little. "Uh.. which royal?" My lips quivered and I looked down, I fought the urge to chuckle with all my will power.

"Y/n."

Seonghwa glanced at me, his eyes pleaded. I only looked back and forth between the two, a little grin on my face. "Yes, he stayed in my room, is that a problem?"

Jongho's eyes widened, "No, royal." He smiled slyly, much unlike his usual stoic expression. I laughed and turned around, I started to walk again.

"We're going to the garden," My head whipped around, my hair fell to one side of my shoulder, "care to join us.. sir Jongho?" I nudged Seonghwas side and gestured to his stupid chainmail. We both laughed and leaned into each other, I held onto his arm and tried to hold back my laughter with a cough. "You're looking awfully bulletproof this morning." I snorted and Seonghwa patted my arm to calm me down once he saw Jonghos expression.