2:12- No Rest For The Wicked

3148 words

It was three days since I first was poisoned

It was three days since I first was poisoned. I slept through the first day and woke up in the night, only to force myself back to sleep and wake up in the early morning. I woke up to Hongjoong, Seonghwa, and Jongho. Hongjoong laid by my side while Seonghwa sat in the chair Mingi set out the night before, and Jongho stood by the door. They asked me if I was alright, and we chatted for a while. Later in the day Yeosang visited, then Mingi and Ksyusha came to give me medicine. Time flew by, and every night Seonghwa would sleep by my side.

I grew impatient, my mind rushed and urged my body to heal faster. Then finally, on the third day I didn't have to take any more medicine, and I could leave my bedroom. I had decided from the moment I was poisoned, the moment I realized she had started a war, that I would confront Alyss as soon as I could leave.

"Where are you going?" I looked back at Seonghwa to see him leaning over the bed, pulling and folding the covers. He stopped moving his arms and planted them down on the bed, he turned his gaze to me. His sharp eyes caught mine, his raven hair fanned and swooped down into his line of sight. His body was well proportioned, I couldn't even imagine how stunning his bare skin would feel. I stared at him, my eyes glossed over with dirty thoughts. I didn't think he could tell, but his sly grin let me know he noticed. "Stop eye fucking me."

My expression loosened before I broke eye contact. "Stop being so hot." I could hear him laugh, and I regretted glancing back at him. His left knee was on the bed instead of his left hand, which clung to his chest. His head leaned back a little, stretching and enhancing the details and lines that curved down his neck. His eyes squeezed shut as he giggled, a rush of euphoria infiltrated my bloodstream.

"I can't help it." He finally remarked, he sent me another alluring look.

I grabbed onto the leather strap of my purse and pulled it up my shoulder, my full lips tensed to hide a smile. "Anyways, I'm just going to visit someone."

"Who?"

"Nosey much?"

"I'm just trying to look out for you, it's fine if you don't want to tell me." He continued straightening out the blankets, then moved on to the pillows.

I pouted and sighed. I waited for him to ask me again, or show any hint of interest. When there was none, I told him in defeat. "I'm going to see Alyss."

"I knew it!" He exclaimed, I flinched when he grabbed a pillow and aimed it at me. "Why didn't you tell me sooner? More importantly, why are you even going in the first place?" My face was blank, I walked closer to him. I was glad to see he was getting used to me, even going as far as threatening to chuck a pillow at me.

"I need to know what's going on, if there's no communication then we can't resolve anything." I lied, somewhat. I didn't tell him what my true intentions were, so that I wouldn't worry him and so I wouldn't look bad. I wanted to confront her, and let her know I wouldn't be tossed and pushed around as she pleased. I wasn't her prey. I was her opponent, not her victim.