2:8- Eye to Eye

1775 words

I woke up, but everything was dark

I woke up, but everything was dark. I felt scared, but why? So slowly I opened my eyes. There was a shadow with no limbs. Like a straight line. What was it? I looked up. He was staring at me.

My breath caught in my throat. His face wasn't defined, but his stare pierced through my skin. I could feel it seeping so far deep into my soul that it ached. I reached to the side and found Seonghwa's shoulder, I held tight. "Seonghwa, please help me." My throat was dry. I shook him when I received no response. I pried my eyes from the creature to the corpse that laid next to me. "Wake up!" I screamed, the sight of his lifeless body triggered pain deep within me. I shook him harder. "Wake up!" His eyes were open, but he wasn't awake.

"Take me instead." I shrieked at the shadow, he stared right back at me. "I hate you I hate you I hate you."

"Why is he dead?" My tears clouded my vision, streaming down my face as if it was trying to escape the demon too.

••••

"Y/n!?" Seonghwa sat up next to me, his torso over me. His brown eyes latched onto mine, I took in air through my parted lips. His eyes gathered tears.

"Seonghwa," My racing heart steadily increased in speed. "I'm sorry, did I say something in my sleep?" I couldn't handle the feeling of his presence so close, my body felt warm and melted in agony under Seonghwa's intense stare. I wanted him to hold me.

"Yes, are you okay?" He bent down and took me into his arms. His skin was warm, he had on a white sleeveless shirt. I could feel his tears drop on my neck, yet his body was completely still.

"Why are you crying? Was I that loud.." I ran my hands up and down his back. My eyes closed, my words were automatic as my full attention was on him. My attempts at comforting probably soothed me more than it did him. My throat ached, I must have been making a lot of noise in my sleep. Why now? Couldn't I have had a nightmare any other night? He rose, looking down at me once again, a small frown curved his lips. I looked at Seonghwa in defeat, my lips pursed. My throat was dry.

Seonghwa moved back and down on his knees, his chest rose and fell. I sat up and looked at him with weary, puffy eyes. "I can't describe how frightened you sounded," Seonghwa sniffed, "and I can't describe how worried I felt, I couldn't wake you up." He let out a fake chuckle, he looked down at me with his big almond eyes. The creases underneath his eyes puffed up more than usual, I smiled softly.

My voice was scratchy and tired, but I didn't pay too much mind. "I'm fine, don't worry. There was just a demon, and you died- I don't know, it was a weird dream." I rubbed my eyes and yawned.