2:15- He Will

1346 words

Water fell down, the sound familiar and calming

Water fell down, the sound familiar and calming. I had already taken a shower, and the muffled sound of droplets let me know Seonghwa was still in there. I sighed and took a large drink of my hazelnut coffee. I wore tight white pants, a casual silky blouse was loose and high up on my waist. I felt comfortable, happily waiting for Seonghwa to finish.

Knock knock.

I set the mug down which made a soft clattering noise. I sighed before pulling myself off the couch, I walked briskly. I opened the door, and immediately my breath got lodged in my throat.

"You look surprised," I could hear the water shut off, I stayed silent, I tried not to let my fear show. So I stared into her eyes, unwavering. "I'll get straight to the point. I've been getting impatient lately, since you should've been dead by now."

"What the hell do you mean? You're a fucking psychopath." I spoke loudly, my tone laced with anger. My hands balled into fists, my breaths were heavy.

She ignored what I said, she continued with that same monotone voice. "Since you're the youngest, I would automatically take your place if you were to die. Yet, your life might be spared. I could simply tell the elders that you lost your purity to San. He agreed to side with me, and tell the elders exactly what happened, of course leaving out that it was forced and you were intoxicated. You would be e-"

Before I could realize what I was doing, I threw a punch to her face. She easily grabbed my wrist, using my momentum to pull me to the floor. I barely noticed the pain that struck my forearms at the impact. I sucked in a breath through clenched teeth, I swooped my left leg across the floor. She dodged, and while she was in the air I swung my right. My ankle collided with hers, she fell to the floor with a thud. I quickly moved, my knee sunk into her stomach as I climbed over her.

Before she could react I already struck her, by her nose and cheek. She tried to hit me back, yet I blocked every one of her attacks. I punched her yet another time, then my hands moved to her neck. I pressed down hard, Alyss's eyes widened. My tears joined the blood that ran down her face, mixing as they rolled down her chin. A strained croak left her throat, the longer I held her in place the less she moved.

After I thought she was weak enough, I let go. Not even a second later, I would regret this. But still, the brisk moment lasted a lifetime. I've felt pain comparable to this, but never in this way. It's always in my stomach, or my head. But this was a real wound, inflicted upon me by another. My eyes were wide, tears poured. Alyss pushed a dagger into my thigh, above the same knee that dug into her stomach. I could only see the handle, it was nestled inside as far as it could go. My scream was delayed, a second or two too late. Alyss's bore into mine, yet I couldn't see her past the tears. I screamed more as she twisted it, my hands shaking as fear enveloped me.

She dragged it down before ripping it out, and flipped us over. Her left hand wound around my neck, shoving me against the wood floor. I groaned, and blinked away the tears. My breath hitched as I caught her wrist, a second before the dagger sunk  into my skull. My chest rose and fell, she desperately used her body weight to push down the sharp weapon. My muscles ached, flexing hard as she pushed. I panted and she grunted, she used all her strength.

My breath deepened, suddenly there was hope. Alyss tumbled to the side, cutting my eyebrow as she did so. The dagger clattered against the floor. "Are you alright-" His voice radiated worry, it was hoarse, and it broke. When I met his eyes, they were not as soft as I expected. Yes, water built at the rim, but they were serious.

"Get the guards, open the door and call for them." Seonghwa nodded and ran off, I could hear his voice from outside. Alyss crawled towards me, her face and hands covered in crimson red. Her dark brown eyes were faded, clouded over by exhaustion and desperation. Right before my eyes, I could see just how badly she longed to kill me. I sat there, watching as she grabbed the dagger. "Imagine Seonghwa's face, imagine the disgust he'll feel towards you when he finds out that you lost your purity." She kept crawling, she grunted in pain as she did so. She neared, and she aimed for my head. "He'll hate you." I kicked her with my good leg, with all my strength. Her neck craned back, and her chin tilted upwards. She fell back unconscious, her head hit the floor hard.

I stared at her limp body, my breaths deep. I didn't know how to feel anymore. All I knew for sure, was that I felt fear. Four guards walked in, two of them had green capes and the other two had yellow. "Green ranks, you fetch Hongjoong and you fetch Ksyusha and Mingi. Bring them here. Yellow ranks, take Alyss back to her room." The two with the green capes saluted and went on their way, the other two stepped around the smeared blood on the floor and picked Alyss up. They left soon after.

Seonghwa kneeled in front of me, he appeared out of nowhere. "You need to stop the bleeding, don't you feel light headed?" I watched him intently as he stared at my wound, he wrapped me up in a bandage as best he could.

Did he hear anything? He must have.

My heart dropped at the thought, I started to feel sick. I gulped, my eyes darted around nervously. I focused on my leg, as to not look into his eyes. You could see the cut perfectly, thanks to the light color of my pants. My blood dyed my pants, the floor, and my face. As Seonghwa tried to mend me, it covered his hands as well. "You poor thing." His voice was deeper than usual, as if a lump were in his throat.

I looked up to see tears rolling down his cheeks. I felt something inside me churn, guilty for making him feel this way. I once said he only deserved to see beautiful things, and now here we are, surrounded by blood. "I'm so sorry." He leaned forward, carefully straddling me. He took me in his arms, my face in his chest. In this position, he was higher up than me. I breathed, hiding in his embrace. I hated myself for not pushing him away, for not protecting him from myself. "I couldn't protect you." His body shivered, twitching and jerking from him suppressing a sob.

"Don't be sorry, it's all my fault," he stayed silent, I let go of him. "I don't want you to see me like this. I want to be perfect for you. But there are so many people, including myself, that sabotage that. If I were just a bit stronger I could make them all go away."

"Y/n, do you know why I'm crying?" I stayed still, and silent. His chest vibrated when he spoke, I hated how comforting it was. "I'm crying because I care about you, and I'm hugging you because I want to make it better. You don't have to shelter me, I want to help you, and that means seeing you when you're at your weakest. It's not your fault you got hurt, it's only natural to react this way. So please, if you'll let me, I want to comfort you."