007. butter-beer

S O R R Y

 vii||butter-beer

vii||butter-beer

A beam of sunlight slices through the Gryffindor tower windows and Maria Potter groans when she practically gets blinded by the bright light. She quickly brings the crimson coloured pillow from behind her head and covers her face with it, only to have it ripped off.

"Clary!" Maria grumbles, reaching for the pillow but the energetic red head throws it across the bedroom, already dressed for Hogsmead.
"Nope." Clarissa sings, "it is tradition for us three to go to Hogsmead together, not lie in bed all day."

"But it's so early."

"I don't care." Clarissa deadpans as Danielle sleepily walks in, after going to the washrooms to clean up and change.

"If I'm doing this, you're doing this." Danielle says and Maria groans but nonetheless, sits up and stretches out her limbs before standing and walking over to her trunk.
She lifts out a light blue top with long sleeves and a denim jacket as well as some low waisted, glared jeans that match the denim. She lifts out some white converse and strolls out of the room, grumbling insults towards Clarissa who sticks her tongue out at the brunette.

When she returns to the dormitory, she's dressed and clean, her hair slightly curled down her back and her face still holding a sulking expression.

"Lighten up, Mar, we'll be in the three broomsticks soon." Danielle snickers as Maria places her pyjamas into her trunk and the trio walk out of the dorm.

As they arrive in Hogsmead, Maria's eyes light up a little more at the crowds of Hogwarts students rushing around and buying sweets and hurrying towards the prank shops to try and match the abilities of James and his friends.
The autumn breeze flicks their skin as they walk slowly through the mounds of students and locals, the trio of girl's hair flying around slightly as a gust of wind smacks them in the faces.

"Come on, let's get butter-beer." Clarissa figs on the two taller girls arms, leading them towards the inn.

When they open the heavy door, warmth floods through them as they look around. Tables full of pupils and other witches and wizards, the sweets smell of butter-beer invading their senses and the sound of chatter and mugs being moves around and placed on tables.

"I'll go get them." Maria says and the two other girls nod, walking over to get their usual table. The Potter girl strolls to the bar to greet Madam Rosmerta who beams at her.

"Hello Mari!" Rosmerta grins as she pours a butter-beer for some fourth years that are waiting. "How are you?"

"I'm good, how's business?"

"Oh, good, worse than last year though I have to admit." Rosmerta sighs, "with all this in the daily prophet, how's that brother of yours and his cheeky friends?"