081. fear of losing you

H I R A E T H

lxxxi||fear of losing you

A couple of days after they time at the Weasleys it's New Year's Eve and James had constantly nagged Regulus and Maria to be back at the manor before ten, which they had agreed to as they hurried out of the door and towards the muggle village, where they walk. They're dressed in winter coats and jeans, their gloves hands intertwined between them as they trudge down the snow covered street.

"Where are we going?" Maria says questionably, Regulus smirking when he looks down at her. "Regulus." She drags out the 's' sound at the end of his name.

"You'll find out soon." He rolls his eyes and she huffs as they enter a small café on the corner of one of the streets. "Don't worry, this is just a stop in our travels."

Maria hums, her body thanking her for stepping into the warm vicinity, her chocolate coloured eyes gazing across the menu displayed behind the baristas.

"What do you want?" Regulus mumbles and she sighs, looking at the different drinks.

"I'll just have tea, please." She smiles at him and he kisses her cheek. "I'll sit down, yeah?" Regulus nods and she strolls over to one of the wooden tables and sits in the comfortable seat.

"Can I get a tea, milk and sugar, and a coffee please—black?" Regulus says to the barista who's eyes widen, she looks around nineteen with her blonde hair him curled on her head and her crystalline blue eyes pierced through his body as she looks him up and down.

"Of course, sugar with that coffee?" She smiles sweetly, and he shakes his head. "You with those guys?" She points at a group of your men sat with steaming coffees on their hands and he shakes his head.

"No—uh, with my girlfriend." He nods to Maria who's reading her book peacefully, her coat now over the back of her seat and her brunette hair in loose curls around her face as she concentrates on only the book, not the boisterous noise coming from the middle aged men.

"Oh, girlfriend? You're real lucky." She smiles, looking at Maria before back at Regulus.

"Yeah, I am." He says, handing her the money as she's goes to prepare the drinks, coming back a few moments later with two steaming hot mugs.

She smiles at him again as he walks over to Maria who finally takes her focus off her book and onto Regulus who sets the tea in front of her. She smiles, blowing it and trying to cool it down as Regulus smiles at the sight of her.

"You look divine on this splendid day, Miss Potter." He flirts sarcastically in a posh voice — much more sophisticated than his usual one.

"Why, thank you, Mr Black." She chuckles and goes to sip the tea when Regulus' eyes widen and he notices something that makes him shoot out his hand and grab her wrist before she can even tough the mug with her lips and she frowns at him.