144. a spy?

LOVE + WAR

cxliv || a spy?

cxliv || a spy?

   "Everyone get off the fucking bridge!"

    Maria never knew how ignorant muggles could be until she was trying to usher them off of a huge bridge in London as death eaters are approaching. Of course, how would they know she's not some lunatic? They can't see the clouds of black smoke whirling towards the bridge.

   "Move—jesus christ." Maria shouts as James does the same a few feet away, desperately trying to save as many lives as possible. Some follow, not taking the risk whilst others just stay put in their cars and walking their stupid dogs, oblivious to the danger they're in.

    "Maria!" James shouts and she sighs, ushering a group of older women off of the bridge before one of the whirls of smoke crashes into the side of the bridge making it shake and the ignorant people are suddenly very aware.

"Oh shit." Maria utters, watching in disbelief as the bridge suddenly begins to crumble in the middle, either side of the bridge falling downwards and the cars begin rolling off the bridge and crashing into the wild waters of the Thames.

"Maria!" James shouts as he begins to slip down the bridge, grabbing onto the metal railing and Maria quickly and discreetly waves her wand, sending a force pushing everyone rushing towards safety into either side of the river before running to her brother's aid.

"James!" Maria finds herself skidding on her side, gripping onto the railing. "Grab my hand!" She shouts as the bridge begins to groan, desperately trying to stay in one piece.

James stretched his arm, pulling himself up further by the railing he's gripping and she slaps her hand into his, grabbing firmly and grunting as he uses her support to climb up the railing quickly.

James hauls himself up onto the remaining flat surface of the bridge and stretched out an arm for his sister.

"M, you've got to let go of that one." James calls to her as she looks down at the strong current beneath her and her palms begin to sweat, the railing suddenly feeling slippery. "Maria!" He shouts making her move her attention back up to him. "Come on." He encourages, stretching his hand as far as he can as the railing groans, the bridge agonisingly pulling apart.

Maria squeezes her eyes shut before quickly letting go of the rail and clasping onto her brothers arm. The bridge collapsed and she shrieks in surprise, watching as it crashes into the river and James exhales quickly, hastily yanking her up.

The Potter siblings almost sob in happiness when Maria is heaved up and lands lay on her brother as they breathe heavily, desperately taking in the much needed oxygen. James wraps an arm around his sister's back, hugging her close to him before she carefully stands and helps him to his feet.