090. feeling nostalgic

H I R A E T H

xc||feeling nostalgic

The rest of Winter flew by and before the Hogwarts students knew it was March, everyone panicking since exams are merely two months away. Maria has been trying herself out way too much with revision, she knows if Regulus was around he would force her to stop and grace patterns on her skin until she fell into sleep.

She studies so much she feels like Remus Lupin only less capable of sleeping for three hours each night and walking around happily when she wakes up — much like Remus can.

Things haven't really been the same since January, Alyssa meeting her most days to go to Hogsmead and go shopping or to study and go for a walk. She's been spending a lot of time with Jamie and his Hufflepuff friends, since they're both accepting and kind towards her.

Though nothing compares to being sat in the Slytherin dormitory at two o'clock in the morning whilst Stanley rambled about how bad he was doing at muggle studies, all the while Regulus whispering into her ear making the two of them laugh uncontrollably.

"That's about it today—remember to revise for you N.E.W.T's please." Minerva sighs as everyone exits the classroom and Maria sighs, stuffing her notebook into her bag and slinging it over her shoulder. "Maria?"

"Yeah?" Maria hums, turning around to Minerva who sighs sympathetically, seeing the dark circles beneath the seventeen year old's eyes and her hair braided messily.

"I wouldn't be asking if it wasn't urgent." McGonagall states, exhaling softly. "Mr Black hasn't been attending any of his lessons. Frankly, we're extremely worried. I've tried to speak to him myself, so has Slughorn. But we believe if it comes from you. . .he might listen to you."

Maria stares at the transfiguration Professor blankly for a second before pursing her lips with a small sigh, "okay, yeah. I'll see if I can talk to him."

"You're doing good, Potter." Minerva smiles softly and Maria forces a smile, letting the older witch squeeze her shoulder before strolling out of the classroom.

She takes out a box from her pocket and places a cigarette between her lips, lighting it with a tap of her wand before starting the ascend up the astronomy tower stairs.

As she expected, she sees a familiar mop of fake hair blowing in the Spring wind and she swallows thickly before walking over and leaning on the railing beside him.

They're silent for a moment before Maria finally speaks, "you haven't been going to your lessons."

"Don't want to." Regulus shrugs his shoulders and she finally looks at him as he looks out over the grounds. He looks bad. His skin a shade paler than usual and there are identical bags under his eyes as Maria. His lips are chapped and his eyes are a dull grey. Not the bright that they were a few months ago.