022. christmas at the potters

S O R R Y

 xxii||christmas at the potters

"Wake up! Wake up! It's James Fleamont Potter here, on the mic!" The loud voice of her brother disturbs Maria from her slumber as she squashed her pillow against her ears. "Up! Up everyone! Pip pip!" Maria now hates Lily for taking the boys to a music and instrument shop because James had bought a stupid microphone set that he's now using to wake the whole neighbourhood up.

Maria heard boyish groans and a loud squeal, the boys voice cracking as he does so. She also hears a loud 'what the fuck, Prongs!' from Sirius as well as loud protests from Remus. The door to the Potter girl's bedroom slams open, the door almost flying off the hinges as James strolls in, pulling the speaker behind him.

"It's James Potter here, I repeat, James Fleamont Potter on wake up duty!" James hollers down the microphone and Maria groans angrily as he rips the warm duvet off her skin, leaving her in just her white tank top and Regulus' grey joggers that she borrowed after he pushed her into the lake — a second time.

"Go away." Maria grumbles and James puts his lips around the microphone and blows at full force, warning yells of protest from down the hall as Maria covers her ears again.

Christmas morning has never been pleasant for Maria Potter. James always seems to find a more creative way of waking her — at the crack of dawn — each year, last year he'd hidden five singing toads in her wardrobe and told them to start singing as loud as they could when the sun rose. This year it's a muggle microphone, next year who knows what he'll pull from up his sleeve.

"No." James says stubbornly, covering the microphone with his hand for a few seconds whilst he speaks to her. "It's bloody Christmas."

"And it's. . ." Maria glances at the clock on her bedside table before looking at James incredulously. "Seven in the morning."

"Piss off, Mar, I let you sleep this year." James argues. "It's an hour too late, everyone will be here soon—and Lily's coming in a few minutes."

Someone suddenly rips the covers from Maria who groans in protest as someone scoops her up, their arms beneath her shoulders and knees as they carry her down the staircase. She's dropped onto the sofa by Sirius who rolls his eyes as he sits next to the girl, wearing some grey sweatpants and a white tank top, leaning back in the chair.

When Remus enters the living room, one hand is rubbing at his sleepy eyes as the other holds a soft blanket that he drapes around Maria's shoulders as he sits in the armchair next to the fireplace. Maria gives him a thankful look as she hugs the blanket to her skin as Sirius takes out his wand and ignited the fire.
James strolls in with a satisfied grin on his face as Peter trudges behind him half asleep and a blanket wrapped around his head and shoulders as he falls onto the sofa across from Maria and Sirius.