100. james and lily's wedding

A D O M A N I A

c||james and lily's wedding

"How long until they burst into tears?" Regulus smirks slightly whilst she helps finish setting up the finishing touches to the make-shut aisle in the Potter gardens. It looks incredible. There's a beautiful archway of flowers just before the alter where the officiant wizard is stood. There are benches one either side of an aisle leading straight to the gape in the arch, lily petals scattered across it.

"I give James as soon as he sees Lily. . .and Lily as soon as she sees that James is crying." Maria mumbles with a soft chuckle, fixing one of the cushions on the benches. "I have to go, make sure he doesn't die before we get back." She nods to James who is stood speaking to Sirius as guest begin to filter onto the Potter grounds.

"I will." Regulus smiles at her and kisses her cheek gently. "I love you."

"I love you more." She smiles, going to hurry away but he grabs her hand and pulls her into a hug, his thumb gently stroking the skin of her back that is exposed due to the gape in the back of the bridesmaid dress. "I'll only be fifteen minutes."

"I know." Regulus mumbles into her shoulder before pressing a kiss to the side of her head. "But there's this chubby guy staring at you like you're a piece of meat and I wanted to make it clear that you're mine."

"Who?"

"Stood with a tall girl with a long neck." Regulus whispers in her ear and she gapes slightly.

"That's Lily's sister's boyfriend." She gossips and Regulus smirks slightly, leaning down to kiss her lips softly. "I need to go now—I love you the most!" She calls as she backs away.

"Not possible." He shakes his head, catching Minerva McGonagall's soft glance and smiling at her slightly before going to join Remus and Peter on the front row of the benches.

"My sister's here!" Lily panics slightly when she peaks outside and Maria rubs her shoulder soothingly. "I didn't think she's actually come."

"It'll be okay." Maria hushes her and the red head nods, Maria fixing some hair to rest on her shoulders before smiling at her. "Now, time for you to marry my idiot brother."

"Right, of course." Lily shakes her head, letting out a nervous breath when Marlene rushes into where they're stood and nods her head.

First, Dorcas, Alice and Mary walk down the aisle, each of them looking stunning. Then, Lily Evans walks down the aisle, her train being held behind her by Marlene and Maria.

James' eyes widen as he stares at the red haired girl he's had a crush on since he was twelve years old that's now walking towards him in a large wedding dress, preparing to be married to him. He feels his eyes gather with tears as she gets closer to him, Sirius smirking slightly at his best friend's star struck expression.