104. please

A D O M A N I A

civ||please

In the couple of week that followed Maria's wound had almost fully healed thanks to Madam Pomfrey's remedy that Mari had finally had chance to thank her for. Now, she enters James and Lily's new house whilst James and Regulus are at work and Lily had called her and told her to get there urgently.

"Lils?!" Maria calls out and she hears Lily shout something back from upstairs of the cozy home and she frowns, unable to make it out and climbing the carpeted stairs. "Lily?"

"Maria! Thank god!" Lily breathes, pulling the girl into the bathroom and Maria furrows her eyebrows.

"What's going on?" Maria questions and Lily doesn't say anything, she just bites her lip anxiously and hands Maria something that the brunette takes in confusion.

"Holy shit." Maria breathes and Lily nods her head, sat on the counter. "You're pregnant!"

"What are we going to do?" Lily breathes out, stressing over the baby she had found out she was carrying merely ten minutes ago. "I mean. . .we're in a war. How can we raise a baby in a war?!"

"It's fine." Maria hushes her as Lily lets some tears fall down her cheeks that Maria quickly wiped away with her thumbs. "You can tell James—"

"You have to help me." Lily cries and Maria smiles slightly making Lily look at her incredulously as tears stream down her face.

"Do you even know why you're crying?"

"No!"

Maria bites her lip to stop the smile and Lily sighs, wiping her cheeks and sucking in a deep breath.

"Come on, let's go and cry over some cheesy romance film." Maria smiles, linking Lily's arm and pulling her down into the living room.

A few hours later, James enters the home with a grin on his face but a frown spreads onto it when he sees his wife and his sister sat together with tissues in their hands as they watch the television with tear drops dripping down their faces.

"What is happening?" James asks incredulously before an idea sparks and he grabs the muggle camera from a set of drawers in the entry hall and snaps a picture of them that prints slowly.

"James." Lily breathes when he re-enters the living room after shrugging off his coat and putting the picture in his pocket. "How was work?"

"Good." James grins, kissing her head as Maria sniffles and turns off the depressing film. "You alright, Mar?"

"What? Oh, yeah." Maria says, wiping her cheeks as James flicks the living room light on. "We were just watching a film. It was sad."

"Yeah, I see that." James nods with a small chuckle, squeezing on the sofa beside Lily who smuggle into him subconsciously. "Okay. . .what's going on?"