Chapter 29

Chapter 29

After 3 weeks...

Sarah's POV

The first thing rather the person that I saw when I opened my eyes was a Doctor. He had his coat on and a few other things which made me recognize him. Slowly, I took in my surroundings. It was not my room nor was it the place I was kept at. Wait! How did I escape and where am I?

"Where am I?" I muttered to myself.

"You're in New Zealand in one of boss' houses," the doctor replied as he took down notes.

"Now, do you remember everything?" he asked.

"I kind of do but it is a blur. I remember someone kidnapping me. Jacob! Then I remember the abuse but nothing after that," I replied.

"Hmm..."

"For how long was I asleep?"

"Almost around 3 months," he replied, still not looking at me.

"3 months!" I exclaimed to myself. I hadn't been awake for 3 months! God knows what others would have thought. Wait a minute! That meant I would be around 5 and a half months pregnant. I looked down but saw no baby bump.

"Where is my baby? Did something happen to him or her?" Panic rose through me.

"Calm down. Nothing has happened and your baby boy is under medical treatment because you had gone into early labor when you were 19 weeks along," he said and I sighed in relief.

"Although-" he was cut by the door opening loudly. Jeremy entered.

"Hey, Jerry!" I greeted him and he nodded.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine. I think I should be able to do everything right," I smiled at him. He didn't come. Where is he? Did he really not want to see me? Was it over?

"He's at the island. Probably sleeping his drunken ass off," he muttered. He didn't care about me. That's the only reason he would have gone there.

"He cares about you. More than anyone else. I think you should go and ask him there," Jeremy said. How is he reading my mind?

"Maybe because parts of what you are thinking, you are saying them out loud," he replied and I tried to hide my embarrassment.

"Sorry," I muttered.

"I want to go to the island. Don't inform him I'm coming or you're getting yourself into deep trouble."

"Why would I? I like to see someone scolding that boy and putting him into place from time to time but don't be too harsh on him," he whispered at the end but I heard it.

"I'll get a jet ready and I'm coming with you for safety," he said.

"You know where it is?"

"What? I am his right hand. I know everything about him," he chuckled and I chuckled along. He quickly called someone and gave him some orders. I tried to stand up but failed to balance.

"Careful there. C'mon," he said, holding my hand. That's when I noticed the ring. It was back. I didn't know where it had been.

"How did I get the ring back?" I asked as we walked out of the room and towards the car waiting outside.

"Fernando found it when he was searching for you," he replied and the thought warmed me. He did care about me otherwise he wouldn't have looked for me in the 1st place. The rest of the way to the jet was silent. It did take time to reach the island but we finally reached it. I didn't know Jeremy knew how to fly an airplane but I guess the Streak men are full of surprises. As soon as we landed, I made my way out and went inside the house which I knew all too well but I did fumble due to the bed rest but it didn't matter.