Chapter 12

Sarah's POV

"Wh.." before I could speak he ended it. I quickly got off the cart and approached Fernando.

I was already shaking.

"It was Toby," I said, giving him his phone. "He said that they're here and not sure if you're inside."

His posture stiffened and he pulled me into a store room.

"Stay here. Lock the door from inside. Open the door only if someone knocks 8 times."

With that he left me. I did as I was told and locked the door from inside. I was sweating. Why does it always happen when we go outside? I need to ask him. I paced back and forth in the small space. Wait what will happen if something happens to Fernando? I'll be stuck here and they'll find me. God, I need to do something. I think I was having a panic attack.

Out of patience, I opened the door and went outside. I heard the gunshots from the opposite side. I climbed a ladder nearby and saw that Fernando was not alone. There were a few bodyguards with him. All enemies were fighting from one side, but suddenly I saw a head approaching Fernando from behind. He had a gun ready pointing at his back. I ran as fast as I could towards Fernando. On my way, I felt a sharp pain jolt through my right leg but I kept running and pushed Fernando aside. The gunshot was heard and it went straight into the side of my right forearm. I saw blood flowing from there and panicked. The last thing I saw was Fernando's face and then I blacked out.

Fernando's POV

"You motherfucker!" I said, killing the man who had shot my tigresa.

His men already started leaving because they knew they couldn't defeat us.

"Wake up tigru! Please! I can't lose you like I lost her," I said, taking her in my arms.

"Call the fucking ambulance!" I barked at Jeremy who was onto it.

"Hey! Please don't leave me," I said, kissing her forehead. I removed a napkin and wrapped it around her wound to decrease the bleeding. I watched her limp body, which made me rage with anger more.

After a while the ambulance arrived.

"Fucking time!" I muttered to myself as they took her into the ambulance. We followed the ambulance and reached the hospital. The hospital was technically mine so I didn't need to worry about any questions and shit.

We waited outside as the doctors removed the bullets.

"Hey man! It'll be okay," Jeremy whispered, seeing my worry. I tried to show the least emotions I could but Jeremy knew what I felt at any time.

Those fucking assholes are gonna pay for what they did to my tigresa.

"She is fine and will be awake in a few hours. She will need to rest and she won't be able to walk for a few days. The bullet just grazed her leg so it's not severe," the doctor said, leaving us. I quickly went into her room and saw her lying on the bed, cast on her left limbs.

"When can we take her home?" I asked no one in particular. The doctor was behind so he replied.

"She needs to stay here for at least a-"

"I'm taking her home right now," I stated.

"But-" Dr. Drew, who was our doctor, continued but I stopped him.

"I said I want her home right now. I'll take care of her," I replied, exiting the room and making my way to home. I went straight to my room and took a hot shower.

When I was finished, I went to check her room and saw that she was already on the bed, resting just like before. I went near her and kissed the top of her forehead.

"I need you Tigresa," I mumbled, before making my way to my office. I gathered all the essential things and went back to her room. It was already dinner time so I called for dinner in her room. There was no fucking way that I was leaving her alone. I slept beside her, on her right side. I didn't quite sleep. I just stared at her and thought of what would have happened if she actually died today. And then realization hit me. I love her.

Sarah's POV

I woke up with a throbbing pain on the left side of my body. I looked around to figure out where I was and what had happened. Then everything came flashing. The leg, my arm, Fernando! I squinted my eyes to see who was sleeping beside me.

"You awake!" Fernando smiled, looking at me.

"You figured it out genius!" I replied, rolling my eyes.

"I was so fucking scared! Don't ever do that kind of a stunt again. I told you not to leave that storeroom. What if you would have died! What-"

"Chill Ernie! I'm here, aren't I?" I replied. He kissed my forehead.

"Are you hurt?" I asked with concern.

"Don't worry about me tigresa. Look at yourself," he said.

I had 2 casts, one on my right leg and the other on my right arm. I had to worry about myself but I was worried whether he was fine or not.

"I'm fine. I'm worried about you," I said before I could stop myself. Why am I worried about him? Why did I jump to save him? Why do I miss his touch when he leaves me? Why does my heart beat faster at this closeness?

I like him!

"What's going on in your mind?" Fernando asked.

"Nothing Ernie," I replied.

"I like the new nickname, tigresa," Ernie said, kissing me again on my cheek.

I giggled.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"It's midnight," he replied.

"I'm not sleepy," I said, standing up but failed due to the throbbing pain in my hand.

"Ouch!" I said, falling back on the bed.

"Let me help you," Ernie said, holding me firmly and pulling me up. He rested my back on the back of the bed and stood up. I instantly missed his touch.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To find the motherfucker and kill him," he replied.

"You can't go off killing people! They have family!"

"You don't know me. I don't let people damage or even touch what is mine," he replied with anger in his green eyes.

"Why did they come? Who were they?" I asked, pulling his hand. He instantly relaxed and came by my side.

"The other person of the deal I told you about. They were his men. They wanted to kill me," he replied, stroking my hair. It felt nice.

"Why do they want to kill you?"

"You don't want to know that," he replied.

"I want to," I replied.

"I'm the leader of the biggest mafia in the world."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally some sense crept into their brains! They like each other! ;)

Please comment your views, and vote!

-rockinguls088<3