Chapter 10

Chapter 10

He came inside, lifted her up in a circle, and kissed her cheek. Who knew the beast had a soft corner? He told her to go outside where her mom is waiting cause he wanted to talk to me privately. Why me? He was looking handsome even in the morning with a suit, tie and stuff whereas my whole face stays puffy half of the day after I wake up or cry. Harp left.

"You. Eat properly or don't come to eat at all. I don't want you playing with your food." he ordered. Wow! Praise him and he'll prove it wrong.

"Where's Nathan?" I asked looking in my lap. I don't know why I was so cowardly towards him.

"Never look down while talking," he said, raising my chin up. "Who's Nathan?"

"My brother." I gave him a duh look.

"Somewhere I don't know," he said and started leaving the room.

"But..." He didn't let me finish and banged the door. Biggest jock I've seen in my life. What have I ever done wrong to him that he behaves so rudely with me? If he has an attitude, so do I. I didn't go for breakfast in the dining room, instead went back to my room and tucked myself in bed again. I took a book from the small shelf and tried to read it. This place was like a prison for rich people. No one gives you respect leaving a few. A single tear ran down my cheek. What would Sara and Jasper be thinking? I didn't even know where my phone was. It was probably in the car. I stayed in for the rest of the day and didn't go down for lunch nor for dinner. I kept reading whatever books were kept on the shelf to keep myself occupied. I didn't even know what time it was when I heard a knock and the door slammed open.

"Why the heck didn't you come down to eat anything?" I heard the familiar male voice ask me angrily.

"I wasn't hungry," I replied, trying not to quiver.

"You should have eaten something at least. Here, have this." He handed me my all-time favorite meal, pizza.

"How'd you know?" I asked, referring to the fact that I hadn't eaten anything and my favorite food was pizza.

"I have my ways," He smirked and I smiled because that was the nearest to a smile I had seen on his face when talking to me.

"What is going on?" I asked him with a pleading voice.

"You don't need to know," he answered ready to leave.

"Please," I said, holding his hand.

"I said that you do not need to know," he said, more firmly this time.

"Fine. Then I'm leaving and going back to my house right now," I said, standing up.

"You won't!"

"Oh! You don't know what I'd do." He pulled me towards him.

"Listen. This is for your own safety. And fine, you wanna know what is happening. Take it. I gave you your company back but I had signed a deal with someone to buy your company and by giving you your company back, I basically broke the deal."

"Now they are after us. If you still want to go to your fake company owner's house, you're free to leave but mind you, they might take her with you too." That thought scared me. Losing Sara was the last thing on my mind. He just left me there thinking.

"What do you mean they're after us? What are they? Like a gang or mafia or something? We should file a case against them." I spoke. His gestures stiffened and he walked out of the room.

"Come on! You just gonna walk out?"

He banged the door without uttering a single word. Life is full of surprises, you never know what's gonna happen the next day. Just like that sleep took over my hunger.

Fernando's POV

Tigresa took my words too seriously and actually didn't come to having meals. Jeez, women! Always so stubborn. I knew she loved pizzas. It was almost midnight now and she hadn't eaten a single freaking thing from more than a day yesterday. I ordered a pizza for her and went to give it to her in her room. I didn't want that Lil angel to get weak. I knocked and burst the door open.

She removed her head from her book and looked at me. It hurt me like hell to see her puffy eyes and swollen face. I knew if I exposed that I'm the leader of the largest mafia in the state, she'll be scared of me. And that is the last thing I want. She seemed to lighten up on the sight of the pizza box but soon the bad vibes took over and she started asking questions about why I brought her here, which totally pissed me off. I left her again, shutting the door without listening to her.

I had loads and loads of work to do. I rushed to my office and relaxed on the recliner looking at the city lights from a height. All I could think was of Sarah. How innocently she smiled when I brought her pizza and in minutes I left her again. She became my first priority in just a few days. After organizing files and reminders for meetings, I finally decided to call it a night. Time flew by fast, it was already 2 am. I checked upon tigresa and saw the box of pizza untouched where I kept it and tigresa already fast asleep hugging the cute soft toys she brought from home. I called my men and asked them to find out everything she likes and dislikes and medications she takes if any. After that, I walked to my room and slept peacefully.

Updatee! He's a softie but hard too! How do you like the book so far? Comment down below.

Vote, comment, and share!

-Rockinguls088<3