Chapter 5

It was the party the next day. Did I forget to mention Sara is the owner of the company to the world? Yeah. I get it, it's complicated. As Sara's father is my guardian and helped me to build my own company, he didn't want me to be exposed for my own safety reasons, therefore Sara does all the documentation and communications with others.

The party was to be held at Sara's hall, which her dad owned. It was huge with enough capacity to hold many people. It also had a stage. Even though the party was at night, everyone was in a rush from the morning.

I had also invited one of my best friends at the party, well not Sara but Tyler. Sara and I weren't together in college and Tyler always had my back. Those days, I wasn't so fierce as I could be right now and you can tell he helped me to socialize. I can never forget his efforts to make me come out and take a step out of my comfort zone. He taught me the cruel reality of life and also knew it was my company and not Sara's. I am a huge scaredy-cat, but I just look confident so people don't misunderstand me as someone weak.

Our outfits were already decided. And right now I am in bed after lunch, wondering for a good time to start getting ready. I could expect Sara anytime now, already half ready and shouting at me. I just don't like to get ready. I feel like layers of makeup just make me fat. Haha! Funny, I know!

I was about to get up when my door almost got knocked out of its hinges.

"Why are you still not ready!?"

"Excuse me, Sarah Robinson! Do you even know what time it is?"

"Yeah, it's 3:30 pm."

"Exactly! And the party starters at 7 pm. So do you care to explain to me why you are almost ready?"

"So I can help you get ready you idiot!"

"Fine. But won't your make up get spoiled by then?"

"It's still left!"

"Wow! How many layers? 50?"

She slapped my arm and pulled me out of my bed. We got ready together. She was wearing a beautiful red satin dress with a sweetheart neckline, paired with golden heels and open hair. It looked gorgeous on her! I chose a simple low-neck black dress with laced full sleeves and a high slit on the left leg, paired with strappy copper stilettos and a low messy bun.

"You look gorgeous babes!" She exclaimed, arranging loose strands of my hair falling on my face.

"Oh thank you! I get that a lot. Well, look at yourself too!"

"I know!" She said in the Monica accent as we looked in the mirror and giggled.

As we were ready, we took some photos and chilled in my room. A few minutes later, Jasper entered the room.

"Woah! If looks could kill, I'd be dead right now!" he said, smirking.

"Sure you'd be if you get down right now." Nate entered the room behind him. "You both look beautiful! Now get going downstairs."

We took a last peek at the mirror and went downstairs. Sara's mom and dad were already ready, waiting for us. They also complimented our looks. Nate and I entered the hall through the main gate while Sara and her parents along with Jasper sat in the green room behind the stage. They had to give short speeches on stage and then join the crowd. Hall was beautifully decorated with black and golden colors as the theme. Many people had still not arrived, it was almost 7:30 pm. All were dressed in formal suits or gowns. I was waiting for Ty to enter. He finally walked in...

"Look who decided to show up," I said hugging him.

"How couldn't I?" He said hugging me back.

"You look pretty." He whispered in my ear. I blushed at his comment.

"Thank you! You look decent yourself." he smiled.

He held my hand and we proceeded towards an empty table.

Fernando's POV

Tigresa had sent me an invitation to the party held for the 5 year anniversary of her company. How could I miss it? Yes, but I was late though. The hall looked grand. As I entered, the first thing I saw was my tigresa hugging a man and blushing. Anger boiled through my veins, I wanted to kill that motherfucker right then and there. But at the same time, I didn't want to create a scene. They held hands and took a table. I tried to control myself. I kept my gift on the table and went and took a table near them. She looked fucking beautiful in that black dress of hers which showed exactly the right amount of cleavage. I want that girl, she has to be mine! I've seen thousands of girls, but she was different and that's what I loved the most about her. I couldn't resist and so I approached their table and people whispered as they saw me make my way.

"I am Fernando Rodriguez. Nice to meet you Ms.?" I asked, trying to hide my anger for that dude. She spoke something to herself before properly introducing herself.

"Robinson. Sarah Robinson. I thought you'd never come after what I did to you," she said, looking at me with her innocent face.

"Well, here I am," I replied.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I had gone a little too overboard. I shouldn't have done that," she spoke in a low voice with a hint of fear. Again fear.

"Fuck. I don't want you to be scared of me, okay? I would never hurt you and what happened yesterday, happens sometimes with everybody. Happens with me too," I said to her, trying to calm her. I winked at the end, trying to lighten her mood. Where the heck did that come from?

"Uhh... Okay, thanks," she replied awkwardly

"Won't you introduce me?" that dude asked tigresa.

"Oh. I'm sorry. Tyler, this is Fernando and Fernando, this is Tyler," she introduced that dude with hands flailing in the air.

"Is he your boyfriend?" I asked her, not acknowledging his presence at all.

"What? No! Just a friend but why does it matter to you?" she asked again.

"Nothing. Just asking," I replied in a casual tone. The event began and a girl came on the stage and gave a speech.

"Shouldn't that be you? I mean you are the owner, aren't you?" I whispered to tigresa in the middle of the speech.

"It's... complicated," she left it at that.

As soon as that dude, Taylor, or something, excused himself to meet other guests I asked.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think Fernando asked? Vote, comment, and share<3<3

Until next time...