Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Fernando’s POV

My life revolves around my business. At the age of 18, my father laid a small foundation for me to work on and today after 8 years of work, I find myself here sitting in my own office, enjoying the view from my window. A business partner and I have recently had a deal to buy a company which was quickly racing up the top list of companies, its name is Gainios. I’m wondering when will the owner come to meet me right through that door….

“You!”

“Tigresa!”

What is she doing here and why is she so angry? Does she know she’s become a tomato right now? She looked even more beautiful in formal wear. She was wearing a black suit with black heels. Damn her fringes made her look more cute. Then again she started shouting about why I bought her company and why wasn’t I satisfied with this big money. She ended with I’ll give you anything…Well thank you.

“Did I hear anything?”

“No. Not was silent in that sentence.” she said as her cheeks flushed. So frickin’ cute!

“Really? But I do not agree. You said you'd give anything and all I want is you, just you. Please don’t ask why because in some days we’ll meet again, right here.” l gave her a nod and left my office.

I needed to tell that son of a bitch some excuse about not buying this company. It was my tigresa’s company, no one else has the right to take it. The difficult question was what will I tell him? And by his excitement to buy the company, I don’t think he’ll agree not to buy. I thought of calling Jeremy in a hotel nearby to have lunch and talk this shit out. He always comes up with ideas. Although after all this thinking, what I still can’t get my mind off is that girl. I unintentionally was feeling the urge to protect her and keep her safe with me. But she’s got some nerves to come banging in the owner's office. Fierce woman, not a fairy-tale princess. Just what I like. As soon as I was about to call him, I felt Tigresa’s hand trying to stop me but it did no good.

Sarah’s POV

How dare he just leave me there like that?

“Hey! Listen mister, you give me my company back right now,” I shouted at the man, barely managing to stop his 6 feet 5 inch frame. 

“Or what?” he asked, turning back, looking at me in my eyes.

“Or this,” I said, kicking him in the balls. Instantly, he retaliated and covered his manhood with his hands.

“Fuck, tigresa,” he mumbled in pain. In a few seconds, he returned to his original stance.

“Listen woman, you ever try to do that again, it won’t end well,” he said, pushing me against the wall. His grip was firm and we were so close. I could feel my heartbeat quicken but I don’t know why. His grip tightened a little.

“It’s… hurt-ing,” I mumbled in pain due to his harsh grip. He instantly let me go. That moment, something inside me deflated as if I missed his touch.

“Your fucking company will be yours by 2:00 pm. I’ll have to look into some paperwork first,” he said, straightening himself and leaving me speechless in his office. I quickly left and made my way to my office. The 3 of them were already in my office and that guy had probably left.

“What happened?” Jasper asked, impatiently.

“He said he’d return the company back by 2. But I don’t fucking understand, why did he buy the company when he wanted to return it in a couple of hours?” I asked.

“You swore twice in a day!” Sara gasped. She is the childish one of our group. The carefree one. The idiot but I love her anyway.

“That’s what you are looking at?” I said, annoyed.

“I’m sorry. It’s just not usual you know,” Sara replied.

“Come here,” Nate said, hugging me.

“Everything will be fine,” he mumbled.

“I hope so,” I whispered back. The other 2 idiots joined the group hug.

“And Jasper, I suggest you ask Sara out before she changes her mind and goes out looking for boys at clubs,” I whispered to Jasper. I met him at college and he was instantly drawn to my idea for the company and he became a part of it. He is sweet but demanding. He blushed. Him and Sara have been hooking up for a while now but I know Sara likes him and Jasper does too but none of them have the guts to ask each other now. I mean come on.

I was broken out from my thoughts when I saw the same guy come in again.

“Here is the paperwork. Just read it once if you want to and then sign it. Fernando has already signed it,” he said, handing me the papers.

“By the way, I’m Jeremy,” he said, with a sweet smile. 

“I don’t care who you are,” I retaliated.

“Woah! I see why he likes you,” he mumbled but I heard it.

“What was that?”

“Nothing,” he said, raising his hands dismissively.

He tried talking to Sara while I skimmed through the papers, but Jasper shot daggers at him and kept him engaged in his talk. I showed Nate the papers since Jasper was fighting for Sara.

“Hmm,” Nate replied. I nodded at him and signed at the places.

“This company will be yours as soon as the rest of the work is done,” Jeremy said, trying to hug me but I pushed him away.

“Rejected twice,” I heard Jasper whisper and I internally smiled at that.

“Whatever,” Jeremy said, walking out. I was thankful that it all got over without the press knowing about it or even our employees. The 3 of them went into their own offices and Sara and I headed off to our meeting. In front of the world, Sara was the owner so we both attended the meetings together. Soon, at lunchtime, I received a message from an unknown number.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------