Chapter 16

Episode 13, The Blue Spirit

Honestly, I feel like I've already been on the ship for my whole life and not because I'm a 'prisoner'.

I just gave up trying to escape since I thought the right moment for that will come when the time is right. So I decided to just stay with Zuko and Iroh since I wasn't even treated like a prisoner anymore.

The crew members were treating me like any other one on the ship and they were really nice people.

Currently, I was watching Iroh and a few other crew members playing Pai Sho. It was an interesting game because you had to think strategic. I smirked when I noticed that the men made a wrong move and that Iroh would be able to win the game.

Suddenly it got dark and I knitted my eyebrows as I looked up to see a big ship stopping beside ours.

"What do they want?" Zuko asked getting annoyed as he glared at the ship. I rolled my eyes when I noticed that was Zhao's ship.

"Perhaps a sporting game of Pai Sho," Iroh rubbed his hands together with a big smile on his face.

"I don't think Zhao is the type to play Pai Sho," I mumbled and stood up waiting for the next drama in my life.

A man entered with a wanted poster of Aang and told us that all information on the Avatar must be reported to Zhao. I scoffed and crossed my arms over my chest.

"I've got nothing to report to Zhao," Zuko told them getting angrier by the second, "now get off my ship and let us pass," he demanded in a calm and threatening tone.

"Admiral Zhao is not allowing ships in or out of this area," one of Zhao's men informed us.

I rolled my eyes at him, "just get off the ship," I said before Zuko could explode from his anger.

Zhao's men left and I turned around to watch his ship leaving. I really hate his guts. That stupid man has done nothing but be disrespectful and rude and cause trouble.

An hour had passed, and nothing had happened. It was weird because Zuko had been quiet since we encountered Zhao's ship. I needed fresh air and went on deck but stopped in the doorway when I saw Iroh and Zuko talking.

"Don't give up hope yet. You can still find the Avatar before Zhao," Iroh reassured his nephew and I smiled at that. I always found the Iroh Zuko moments cute.

Zuko whose back was facing Iroh turned around with a frustrated expression, "How uncle?" he asked desperately, "With Zhao's resources, it's just a matter of time before he captures the Avatar."

Zuko turned around again and looked at the setting sun, "my honour, my throne, my country, I'm about to lose them all," he mumbled and my face fell at his sadness. He looked so vulnerable at that moment.

I didn't know what came over me but I walked on deck and looked at Iroh and then turned my head in Zuko's direction. "You didn't lose anything yet," I stated and put my hands on my hips and smiled at Zuko when he looked at me over his shoulder, "don't tell me you're giving because of that wannabe Admiral."

He didn't say anything but Iroh had a small smile on his lips. "Come on, cheer up," I told him, "I saw you kicking his ass before. I don't know why you shouldn't be able to do that a second time." I crossed my arms over my chest with a little smirk playing on my lips and I saw his tensed shoulders relaxing a bit.

"I completely agree with Jasmine on this," Iroh said and stepped forward and stood beside me while looking between me and Zuko with a smile. After a moment of silence Iroh suggested to have dinner and I didn't have to think twice to agree.

After dinner Iroh suggested to have a music night and asked me to join but I declined because I was so tired.

The next morning I woke up early and went on deck after breakfast. I haven't seen Zuko since yesterday at dinner. I frowned but then Zuko came on the ship with one of his little boats.

I raised an eyebrow at him and wondered where he had been. Honestly, he looked like he hadn't closed an eye for even a second.

"Where have you been Prince Zuko?" Iroh asked his nephew, "You've missed music night."

Zuko rubbed his head, "I'm going to bed," he told us and went inside, "no disturbance," he added and disappeared in his room for the rest of the day.

I raised my eyebrows at him and briefly glanced at Iroh who only shrugged his shoulders. That stupid idiot, I want to know where he was.

What if he has a girlfriend and he went to visit her? I gasped at that thought and I don't know why it made me feel weird. But I didn't like that thought at all.

I shook my head slightly to dismiss this weird feeling and thought. I scoffed and walked towards the front of the ship and looked at the horizon. He can do whatever he wants and he can like whoever he wants. But the pain in my chest never left when I thought of him having a girlfriend somewhere.

AN - sorry this chapter is a filler and boring. I didn't know how to include Jasmine in this episode. At first i wanted her to join Zuko in rescuing Aang but then i decided against it and I didn't want to delete everything I've written so far. Again, I'm sorry for the shitty chapter. Stay save everyone!