Chapter 55

Episode 15, The Boiling Rock: Part 2

Sokka quickly made his way to where the warden 'welcomed' the new prisoners as we had to quickly go back to our cells before someone would notice our absence. Since Chit Sang had been caught, all the prisoners were taken to their cell.

Now I had to wait. Again. As if I hadn't already spent enough time waiting in a cell since I've been here. But Sokka said he would talk to dad and then he would inform us about any new plans.

Let's just hope they come up with a plan quickly. I'm so sick of this cell and this prison.

I had no idea how much time had passed when two guards entered my room. Tensing, I stood up from the ground and gulped. This is not good.

Without a word, they grabbed my arms and dragged me out of my cell, away from the other prisoners. We reached a room somewhere far away from all the cells.

"Hey, let me go!" I exclaimed and tried to wiggle free from their grips.

They completely ignored me which made me wiggle even more. Their only reponse was that their grips tightened on my arms until it started to hurt.

"Hey, I didn't do anything," I argued, still trying to get out of their grip.

They ignored me and pushed me in the room. I fell on my knees and when I quickly got up, the door had already been locked.

"Hey, let me out!" I shouted and banged my fists agaisnt the door.

"They won't let you out until we're finished here," a familiar voice said.

I turned around in a flash with knitted eyebrows. "Mai?"

She sighed and crossed her arms. "Are you dumb?"

"What?" I asked her umbfounded. I certainly didn't expect any of that.

"You break into a high-security prison. A Fire Natiom high-security prison," she deadpanned.

"Hold up for a second," I said and raised my hand, "How did you even know I was here?"

She slightly shook her head. "I heard my uncle talk with my dad. Seriously, do you and Zuko share one braincell or are you just plain stupid?"

"Hey this was my brohter's idea, not mine," I quickly defended Zuko and me. When I realised what she said, I briefly froze. "Wait, your uncle?"

"He's the warden," she nodded. My shoulders dropped and I let out a breath. This just keeps getting better and better.

"How foolish could you acually be? Seriously, you're wanted criminals and you sneak into a prison," Mai said.

I let out an awkward chuckle and shrugged slighlty. That really was stupid. "Yeah, that kinda happened," I mumbled and she sighed, shaking her head.

"Listen brat," Mai said. What's with her and calling me brat? "I know your dad is here too and you're working on getting him out of here. You should do that quickly, he might know more about your mother. I have a feeling that Azula can't seem to stay away from me for too long."

"I honestly have no idea why you're helping me and telling me all of that," I said and smiled at her, "But thank you."

She pressed her lips together and looked away from me. I'll take that as acknowledged.

The door suddenly opened. "Miss, I'm here to protect you. There's a riot out there," a guard said.

"I don't need protection," Mai said and shot the guard a dark glare.

He entered and I pressed my lips together. She glanced at me and nodded with a quiet sigh. I shot her a smile before shooting fire out of my fists right before her feet.