Chapter 48

Episode 13, The Firebending Masters

Yeah, to say Katara didn't approve was an understatement.

She harshly dragged me to my room and slammed the door shut.

"Are you out of your mind?!" she shouted and I slighlty flinched. She had never risen her voice like that before. I bet the whole temple just heard her.

Sokka barged into the room with wide eyes as he looked between me and Katara.

"Sokka, get out," Katara said slowly and shot him a glare over her shoulder. His eyes slid over to me and I nodded while biting my lip. He doesn't need to be a victim of Katara's wrath.

He looked between us one last time before slowly leaving and closing the door.

"Listen-" I tried but was rudely interrupted.

"No you listen miss," She told me and pointed her finger at me. Gee, she's only a few minutes older than me.

"I really tried to talk you out of your whatever imaginary world you have there with Zuko. But now it's enough. You told me yourself that he lied and betrayed you!" Her voice was rising again. 

"Can't you see?! He is the bad guy here and a few good words won't change that! You shouldn't be so blind! You out of all people!"

I balled my fists. "No!" my voice also rose, "You have no idea what he's been through and everybody deserves a second change! You out of all people should know that!"

She knitted her eyebrows as her eye twitched, "Stop that right now, Jasmine. He's a liar and liars stay liars. He's lying to you and everyone else here. He only cares about himself and the benefits he gets. People don't change overnight."

"I don't believe you," I whispered and shook my head.

"You should because if you keep looking away everytime he does something bad, you'll get hurt. And you're a smart girl. Don't do that to yourself. Don't waste your time on him."

"Katara, I'm not 'wasting' my time on him because I kept looking away when he did something terrible but because I saw everything he did with my own eyes. And that's also why I chose to give him a chance because I saw something good and just a misunderstood hurt boy who deserved to be loved," I told her in a whisper as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"No, you're just a hopeless romantic who thinks her first love is something great and lovey dovey. But Jasmine, come back to reality and face the truth. He is just not who he pretends to be! Open your damn eyes!"

Tears streamed down my face, "My eyes are open and you're lying!" I shouted. "You talk about giving people chances but then with Zuko you don't but you judge him. Why? Because he did some bad things and is the Fire Lord's son. I've had enough of this. You don't know what you're talking about anymore Katara. You're being led by your anger and bad emotions toward Zuko!"

"I give people chances because they deserve them but I have my limits. Not everyone deserves a second chance!" Katara shouted and threw her hands in the air.

I only shook my head and brushed past her. She grabbed my hand just when I touched the doorknob. "Jasmine, you're not getting back together with him. He's dangerous and a liar. And that's final."

Wiggling my arm free, I opened the door. "Watch me," I said with no emotion and left the room without sparing my twin a glance.

Excuse me, but who does she think she is? I won't let her ruin my chances with Zuko if there's a chance left. But still, why would she say all those hurtful words to me.