Chapter 32

Episode 18, The Earth King

Currently, we were on an island outside of Ba Sing Se. The five of us were discussing whether we should go back and warn the King or get out of there and continue our way.

"Look, we escaped from the Dai Li, we got Appa back. I'm telling you," Sokka explained with one hand on his hip, "we should go to the Earth King now and tell him our plan. We're on a roll."

Katara and Toph weren't too keen on going back. My twin frowned and glared at Sokka. "One good hour after weeks of trouble isn't much of a roll," she told him.

"We can build on it," Sokka insisted desperately. He really wanted to get the King's help to end the war. And Sokkii was right, we needed every help we could get.

I looked between my siblings and Sokka put his hand on his hips and knitted his eyebrows, "If we wanna invade the Fire Nation when the eclipse happens we need the Earth King's support!"

"What makes you think we'll get it?" Toph asked with a sigh. "I don't know if you've noticed, but things don't usually go that smoothly for our little gang," she said with sarcasm and sass dripping from her mouth.

I stepped beside my brother and crossed my arms over my chest. "I think everone with power and common sense would help us defeat the Fire Nation," I stood up for my brothe's idea.

"And I dont know if you've noticed, but we're talking about a guy who's throwing a birthday party for his bear instead of doing something against the war," she told me and I raised my eyerows.

The King is throwing a birthday party for his pet? I mean, I would do that too if I had a pet. "I don't see anything wrong with that," I commented, "He could still help us. The birthday was only for one day not for five years."

"And I've got a good feeling about this," Sokka added and I nodded, "this time it'll be different."

"Are you guys crazy? Long Feng is in control of the city," Katara exclaimed tring to get the idea out of our heads, "his conspiracy with the Dai Li is too powerful."

"Come on Katara, we can do it. So far, we've got through everything that happened to us," I let my arms fall to the sides and my voice softened.

Katara shook her head, her lips in a thin line. "I think we should just keep flying and leave this horrible place behind," she argued and threw her hands in her air.

"I'm with sweetness, I've seen enough of Ba Sing Se and I can't even see!" Toph exclaimed.

A small chuckle left my mouth before my face turnerd serious again. I bit my lip. I can't just leave. Now that everything turned good, I can't just leave Zuko and Iroh behind without even seeing them once again.

There was a weird silence and in that few moments I thought my brother would take their side now and panic overcame me.

"No! I can't just leave Ba Sing Se!" I exclaimed with wide eyes as a bad feeling grew in my stomach. They all turned their heads to me and I cleared my throat. "We. We can't leave Ba Sing Se."

Holy spirits, I need to calm down. I can't do someting suspicious or my relationship with Zuko will come out.

Toph smirked. "I'm sure you don't want to leave the city but we have more imortant things to do," she said and I tensed as she knew why I wanted to stay.

Her smirk grew when my heartbeat increased. That girl is driving me crazy with her overpowered abilities.

I'm glad that she only found out I had a boyfriend, but not his identity. I swear if they find out, I'm dead.