Chapter 6

Episode 3, The Southern Air Temple

After Zhao learned all the details about what happened we were screwed. We sat on the chairs again but this time with guards surrounding us. "So, a 14-year-old boy bested you and your fire benders? You're more pathetic than I thought." He spat out walking up and down the tent.

"I underestimated him once but it won't happen again." Zuko hit his fist on his leg. "No, it will not, because you won't have a second chance." Zhao announced. "Commander Zhao, I've been hunting the Avatar for two years and I-" Zuko was interrupted by Zhao shooting fire out of his fist, "You failed" he shouted. I flinched because the fire almost burned my face. "Capturing the Avatar is too important to leave it in a teenager's hands. He's mine now." Zhao added Standing in front of us.

Zuko grew angry and jumped up to attack Zhao but the guards held him back. Zhao didn't seem fazed, "Keep them here." he said before he left the tent. Zuko kicked the little table and broke it. The guards let go of Zuko and I face palmed at our situation.

"I told you not to say anything" Zuko shouted at me. How dare he putting the blame on me. I got up to face him, "Oh I'm sorry you Majesty, but if it wasn't for your very loyal crew, we would be back on your ship looking for Aang." I spat out shoving my index finger in his chest.

He breathed out of his nose with a bit fire coming out and sat back down on his chair. Before I could sit down Zhao entered the tent again. "My search party is ready. Once I'm out to sea, my guards will escort you back to your ship, and you'll be free to go." Zhao announced looking pretty sure of himself.

"Why? Are you worried I'm going to try and stop you?" Zuko looked up. Zhao only laughed, "You? Stop me? Impossible." I really want to hit that guy in the face.

Zuko stood up, "Don't underestimate me, Zhao. I will capture the Avatar before you." He raised his voice. "Prince Zuko, that's enough." Iroh spoke up for the first time.

Of course that didn't stop Zhao from provoking Zuko again, "You can't compete with me," Zhao scoffed, "I have hundreds of warships under my command, and you... you're just a banished prince." He added, "No home, no allies. Your own father doesn't even want you." Zhao ended his little provoking speech.

"You're wrong. Once I deliver the Avatar to my father, he will welcome me home with honour ,and restore my rightful place on the throne." Zuko corrected Zhao. Oh, I sense daddy issues. "If your father really wanted you home, he would have let you return by now, Avatar or no Avatar. In his eyes, you're a failure and a disgrace to the Fire Nation." Zhao remarked. He wasn't wrong though, but he hasn't got to know that. Nevertheless, I don't like him. And his remarks go too far.

"That's not true" Zuko injected. "You have the scar to prove it." Zhao smirked. Oh no, I guess he hit a nerve. Zuko jumped up and shouted at Zhao's face, "Maybe you'd like one to match."

"Is that a challenge?" Zhao chuckled. "An Agni Kai, at sunset." The prince affirmed. Zhao stood straight, "Very well. It's a shame your father won't be here to watch me humiliate you. I guess you uncle will do." He smirked and looked at me, "Take her" Zhao ordered his guards.

"What?! Hey no, let me go." I tried to get out of the guard's grips. "You will help me with the Avatar." He said coming near to face. "No, let her go, she's mine." Zuko stepped forward. Zhao glanced at Zuko, "If you win you can have her back."

"Hey, I am not some object you can fight for." I exclaimed but Zhao ignored me and left the tent. "You better win this." I warned Zuko shooting him a glare before I was dragged out the tent.

The guards lead me to an arena. I didn't even know what an Agni Kai is. Is that some kind of fight where you don't stop until one dies? I surely hope not. Zuko better win this or I will be haunting him for the rest of his life.