Chapter 38

Episode 2, The Headband

"Where were you?" Sokka asked me immediately after I stepped foot into the cave.

"I was at school you already knew that," I answered, leaving out the Iroh thing and Aang jumped up from the ground.

"You too?" he exclaimed with wide eyes and way too much excitement.

I nodded. "But I'm not going tomorrow. They want to visit the Royal Palace tomorrow morning," I told them after they said that Aang would go again the next day.

"Jasmine," Sokka said and grabbd both of my shoulders, "School is important! The Royal Palace is important!"

"Yeah, you could get a first impression of the Palace. Maybe you'll even find something that'll help us with the invasion," Toph agreed.

I put my lips in a thin line and looked between the two.

"I'm not so fond of that idea," I mumbled, looking on the ground.

It was silent for a few moments and I could feel Katara glaring daggers at me. "You should go," she said with her voice full of anger and sarcasm, "Maybe you'll meet a friend of yours that will help you."

My head jerked up quickly. Now she is going too far. I never said anything about her hostile looks or some comments but that's just stupid.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked her and narrowed my eyes at her as I tilted my head to the side slightly.

"You know exactly what I mean!" She told me as her voice was rising.

I clenched my teeth and balled my fists which were growing hotter as the moments passed by.

"No Katara, I have no idea what you mean, please explain," I challenged her and took a step closer to her, "Whatever you have to say, say it to my face!"

The others looked between us not knowing what to do or say. And Katara, well, she didn't say a word but only glared at me.

"I thought so," I mumbled and turned around, leaving the cave. I needed some fresh air to calm down.

Taking a deep breath, I sat on a rock a few metres away from the cave.

Katara had no idea what she was talking about and it was making me furious. She always thought she knew everything better. She was judging me without even knowing what had happened.

"I want to be alone," I grumbled when I heard footsteps stopping behind me.

"I think you should talk it out with sweetness even though I think her behaviour is exggerated," Toph said quietly.

I didn't react in any way. But she was right. We needed to get our shit together and concentrate on the important suff.

Without another word, Toph got back to the cave leaving me alone with my thoughts.

The next morning, Aang woke me up by shaking my shoulders rather roughly. "Let me sleep," I mumbled and turned my back to him.

"We have to go to school!" he said excitedly and my eyes shot up.

Dear Spirits, I completely forgot about that. Screw me and going to sleep way to late. I quickly jumped up and got ready.

Aang and me quickly made our way to school together until we had to go to seperate classes.

Luckily, I made it on time and sat on the same seat as the other day. All the students, including me, waited for the teacher.

My stomach tightened as I absolutely didn't want to go into that palace. And I certainly didn't want to come aross anybody.