Chapter 63

Episode 19, Sozin's Comet: Part 2: The Old Masters

We walked pretty much to the middle of Ba Sing Se where we reached a camp with a few tents around a big fire place.

"Here we are," Bumi grinned and stretched out his hand to point to the camp. "Welcome to old people camp."

Zuko looked around. "Where... where is he?" he softly asked.

Piandao pointed at the biggest tent at the end of the camp, "Your uncle's in there, Prince Zuko."

Zuko nodded and we were left alone. I gave his hand a squeeze and shot him a warm smile. "You can do this," I soflty told him before kissing his cheek and leaving him to talk with his uncle. He nodded and walked toward the tent. However, he didn't enter but sat down in front of it with crossed legs.

Knitting my eyebrows, I walked up to him and sat beside him. "Are you okay?"

He shook his head. "I'm not okay. My uncle hates me and I know it." He looked on the ground and my face softened. "He loved me and supported me in every way he could. And I still turned against him. How can I even face him?"

"Zuko," I said softly, "As far as I know your uncle, he will forgive you, no matter what. You're clearly sorry for what you did."

He nodded. "More sorry than I've been about anything in my entire life."

"And to be honest, uncle Iroh would never hate you. I'm sure of that. He may be sad or disappointed that you turned against him and lost your way but he would never hate you for that."

Zuko looked at me and smiled briefly. "Thank you," he whispered.

I nodded and blushed slightly. "Now get in there and talk it out with him," I smiled and nudged his side and he took a deep breath before getting up and entering the tent.

"You are so in love." Katara's teasing voice reached my ears and I tensed and blushed madly. Quickly getting up from the ground, I turned to my twin. She had her arms crossed and a smirk on her face which widened when she saw my red face.

"Shut up," I whisper-yelled before briefly looking over my shoulder at the tent.

She only laughed as I pressed my lips together, glaring at her. "Oh my, you didn't even deny it."

"I told you to shut up," I said and dragged her away from the tent. She was still chuckling and I knew I wouldn't hear the end of this for the whole night.

The next day, Katara, Suki and me helped preparing breakfast while Toph sat beside us doing nothing. I wanted to wake Sokka to help us but he wouldn't wake up so I gave up after a few minutes.

Katara still had that teasing smile on her face and an amused glint in her eyes while I was shooting her warning glares every now and then. If Toph heard that, I wouldn't get out of this for the rest of my life.

I narrowed my eyes at Katara who glanced at me with a smile but my face lit up when I saw uncle Iroh and Zuko appoaching us.

"I'm gonna go wake Sokka," Suki said and left.

I nodded, still focused on these two and when uncle Iroh saw me, he smiled and opened his arms. I let out a laugh and ran up to him, englufing him in a hug. "I missed you old man."

He chuckled, "I told you I could get out of prison on my own."

We parted the hug and I nodded with a smile on my face. "Yeah, I can see that."

Zuko looked between us and knitted his eyebrows.

"Jasmine dear visited me when I was in prison," Iroh told Zuko with a smile, pulling me into a side hug.