Chapter 54

Episode 14, The Boiling Rock: Part 1

Sokka took Zuko somewhere else as the female guard took me to a room where I changed into a prisoner outfit.

She took me to a cell and locked me up. I couldn't believe that really happened. In complete silence, I waited for what felt like hours.

The cell didn't even have a bed or toilet. I mean, what kind of cell was that?!

The only thing I could do was sit on the ground, humming to myself and playing with a small flame in my palm.

When I heard the door opening, I quickly jumped up and stood staight. A man with long brown hair which was in a half ponytail entered. He had some kind of hairband on which looked like a crown at the front. The man seemed like he was one of the higher ranked people here; the warden.

"Well well, I never thought the Fire Nation's second biggest enemy would be so stupid to break into a high security Fire Nation Prison."

I tensed and gulped before narrowing my eyes at the man. "How do you know who I am?"

A scary grin played on his lips. "How could I not know? You are here with the Fire Prince after all."

I didn't move as his answer didn't quite make sense but I wouldn't get a better answer anyway.

"Why don't you give me to the Fire Lord then?" I challenged and wanted to curse myself. What if he does that now, then I'm finished for sure.

He chuckled darkly. "Oh I will, but first you should experience prison life for a bit."

Without another word he left and I let out a deep breath. Why do all Fire Nation superiors have to be assholes?

Not much time passed before my cell was opened and I was told to help mopping the floor in the prisoner's common room.

I was given a mop and entered the common room. It wasn't that big and a few prisoners were already cleaning. There was a stairscase in the middle of the room which seperated the room halfway.

I saw Zuko on the right side of it and with a small smile I quickly made my way towards him.

He didn't see me coming his way. I hugged him from behind. "I'm so glad you're okay," I said with a smile.

I felt him tense as he quickly stepped away from me before turning around. Upon seeing me he relaxed and hugged me. "Are you okay?" He asked in a whisper.

I nodded and we parted the hug. Luckily the other prisoners couldn't see us since they were on the other side of the staircase.

"The warden knows about us," I whispered and Zuko nodded, "We need to get out of here soon."

"Why are you standing there!?" a guard shouted at us, "No talking! Continue working!"

Zuko and I glanced at each other before quickly mopping the floor.

A few minutes later, Suki joined us. I shot her a smile which she immediately returned. We both knew that we should wait with the greetings and 'how have you beens' until we were out of there.

Not long after that, Sokka came down the stairs. He looked around and came our way as soon as he saw us.

"Oh good you guys have met," Sokka said and crossed his arms with a smile.

"Actually, we met a long time ago," Suki said and glanced at Zuko briefly, not stopping with cleaning the floor.

"We did?" Zuko asked and Suki knitted her eyebrows as her grip on the mop tightened.