Chapter 27

Episode 13, Journey to Ba Sng Se: Part 2: The Drill

I can't believe we lost Appa.

After we left Zuko and Iroh behind, we found out about a huge ancient library. Of course we went there and tried to find out something about the Fire Nation and its weakness.

We found something interesting but then we had to piss off that huge owl spirit which lived there. That stupid owl made the library sink.

Since Toph and Appa stayed behind, she tried to held up the library and meanwhile some stupid sandbenders kidnapped Appa.

As if life wasn't enough already, we had to lose him. Poor Appa. They should've kidnapped me but not him.

After that, we made it through a whole lot of desert alive and found out that the stuipd sandbenders sold Appa.

And we still needed to get the information about the solar eclipse to the earth king. That would be the day on which the Fire Nation will be the weakest and our day to finally end the war.

Guess we're headed to Ba Sing Se, the earth kingdom's capital. Maybe we could find Appa there as well.

We wanted get there with a ship that brings refugees to Ba Sing Se. But it wouln't be our story if that worked out.

We ended up helping a pregnant woman and her family. Their passports and belongings had been stolen. Unfortunately, the passport was pretty much needed for a ticket for the ship.

So Aang decided to help them get to Ba Sing Se through the Serpant's Pass.

Of course, that didn't go smoothly. But we made it to Ba Sing Se alive, that's all that matters. If we could spend a day in the city alive was the next question.

Since we had left Iroh and Zuko alone, my days went by without me really processing what actually happened. My mind was with the two constantly. I just hoped that they were fine.

But what hurt me more was that Zuko just straight out rejected me and my help. I didn't get why he would do that. I mean, he even asked me to go with him and kissed me. That idiot.

Neither my siblings nor Toph or Aang talked about my little outburst because of Iroh again. But I knew they were wondering why I had been so sad.

Sokka did his big brother duty more than before. Katara was suspicious about my behaviour on that day, I could feel that, but she never mentioned it. Toph and Aang didn't really do anything new.

I snapped back to reality when we arrived at the wall with the refugees we brought there. Aang came flying towards us on his glider with a panicked expression.

He had gone ahead to start looking for Appa in the city. Guess that didn't work.

I let out a sigh and waited for Aang to explain what had happened. Maybe it's something bigger so that I could distract myself a bit.

A drill?! I gawked at the massive machine on the other side of the wall. I can't believe the Fire Nation wants to make a hole into the wall.

And in addition to that, the general, who was in charge for the wall, told us our help was not needed. That was until the drill started drilling and all the earthbenders were taken out by Ty Lee.

"That stupid Princess, I swear I'm gonna take her down," I mumbled angrily as I was watching the drill coming closer to the wall.

I didn't notice the others glancing at each other and nodding. Aang came up to me and cleared his throat. I had a bad feeling about what he was going to tell me.