Chapter 30

Episode 15, Tales of Ba Sing Se

Jin took Zuko to a restaurant. I decided to sit a few tables away from them to see what they were doing.

Unfortunately, I couldn't hear what they were saying. The other people here were too loud. Stupid humans.

I was secretely watching them when someone stopped in front of me. I looked up to see a boy around my age smirking at me.

He was tall and tanned. He had black hair and warm and friendly green eyes. His body was built well. Overall he was handsome.

"Hey there, is his seat taken?" he asked me and I looked at him with wide eyes and blinked at him.

I shook my head and he let out a 'great' before sitting down in front of me.

"So, what's your name?" he asked me and eyed my face. I blushed slighlty and gulped as I was just about to tell him my name when I remembered I looked like a boy right now.

"Sokka," I blurted out and cursed myself for saying my brother's name.

"She's not my girlfriend!" I heard Zuko shout suddenly and I jumped at his outburst. I quickly looked away from him and back at the boy in front of me.

"Nice to meet you Sokka, I'm Yamato," he smiled at me and I forced a smile on my face. Why is he talking to me? Someone please help me!

I glanced between Yamato and Zuko. "Are you new because I'm sure I would recognise such a beautiful face."

I choked on air and my eyes widened. Is that guy flirting with me?! I blushed a deep red and cleared my throat.

"You know, you seem pretty cool. We should meet up again some time," he added and I felt like crying.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I should tell him that I'm not a boy. He shouldn't get his hopes high.

"Listen Yamato," I whispered and leaned forward. He did the same with an amused glint in his eyes.

"I may look like it right now but I'm not a boy," I told him and he laughed and leaned back holding his stomach.

I blushed and he wiped a tear from his eye, "I know," he said and I looked at him.

"What?!" I breathed out with wide eyes.

"It's way too oblivious. Your costume or whatever this is really sucks," he chuckled and I looked at my lap. Was my outfit really that bad? I really suck at everything.

"Don't worry. You're cute and I meant what I said; we should really meet up again if you want," he said and winked at me.

I cleared my throat and looked away from him. I froze and groaned when I saw that Zuko and Jin already left. Oh boy, I really do suck.

"So what's your real name or should I keep calling you Sokka?" he asked and folded his arms on the table. I leaned back, "Jasmine."

I let out a sigh and looked at Yamato. "It's late already, I should get going," I said with a small smile.

I stood up and he followed my lead. "Are you free?" he asked and cleared his throat when I raised an eyebrow, "I mean I could walk you through the city a bit and then home if you want."

I thought about it for a moment. That didn't sound too bad. Maybe I could get my mind off Zuko and his date. "Sure," I smiled and nodded at him.

He shot me a huge grin and we started walking through the city together.

I took off my blond wig during the walk since it was getting itchy. Yamato glanced at me and put his hands in his pockets.

"You really are a pretty girl," he suddenly said not even looking at me but smiling and looking at the sky.