1. OLLIVANDERS

1st Year

Lily's POV:

"I just think they wasted their chance, that's all."

"Honey, we talked about this before, Ginny is not going to give birth to four more kids just for quidditch." Mom signed.

Mom and dad have been arguing about Potters for the last two hours, now. Dad thinks that they can make their own quidditch team with four more kids, but mom thinks even the idea of ​​it sounds crazy.

"Lily, sweety, could you please tell your mother how much you love quidditch?" Dad wasn't reading his newspapers anymore, he was looking at me and making weird faces.

"Mom, dad wants you to know that he thinks he knows that you don't know I know how much I like quidditch." I grabbed the closest book next to me and opened a random page.

I could see their confused faces, trying to understand what I just said. This was something I liked to do when I wanted to get away from uncomfortable conversations.

"Yeah, whatever she said." Dad muttered to mom.

The room stayed quiet for a while, until Travis broke the silence.

Travis is our family owl.

I quickly got up and opened the window for him, hoping that one of the letters were from Hogwarts.

Travis flew next to my mother and she gave him some food. I quickly got the letters and started reading them all

The first one was just about dad's work. I gave the letter to my dad and kept looking.

The second one was for mom, from Potters. I gave her the letter without reading.

The third letter, the last one, was for me, from Hogwarts. Adrenaline rushed through my veins as I slowly opened the letter.

As I was reading my letter my mother said something about Mr. Potter's birthday party.

"Lily, are you even listening to your father?" Mom asked, walking towards me. When she saw what I was holding, she stopped and looked at me in the eye. I slowly and gave the letter to my mom to read.

"I'm going to Hogwarts."

*****

31st of July.

One of the best days of my life.

Today I woke up, excited to go to Diagon Alley. A few days ago I got a letter from Hogwarts, telling me that I got accepted.

Mom told me that we can do school shopping today, since school starts tomorrow.

I took a shower and got dressed. When I went downstairs, mom and dad was already awake, having breakfast.

"Good morning." I sat down next to dad, and filled my plate with bread, sausage, baken, honey, olives, cucumber, tomato... Anything I could find on the table.

If we were going to Diagon Alley, I will need energy. For lots of stuff. I need books, uniform, hat, wand, quill, ink...

"Sweety, maybe you should slow down."

"I don't have time to slow down, mom."

*****

OLLIVANDERS Makers of Fine Wands

Even the sign gave me chills. Before I went in, I took a deep breath to stay calm.

When I opened the door, the door bell rang, making me jump a little. I didn't want people to turn and look at me, so I closed the door as slowly as possible, to make less noise.

To my luck, there was only two people, an old man with white hair, and a boy with brown hair, probably my age.

"Ahh, Lily Elizabeth Wood. Welcome. We were just looking for the right wand for Mr. Potter." The old man spoke. Him, knowing my name wasn't so wierd. I remember my dad telling me that he left the shop as soon as the man started talking, knowing his name freaked him out.

I slowly waited and waited in the corner for the other boy to finish. I hoped the man wouldn't talk to me again, and make me get more embarrassed. I'm always shy around new people, and this boy is a Potter. Which is more embarrassing, since I told my dad so many times that I didn't want to go with them to Potters' house.

The man turned his back to the counter and walked away, leaving me and the boy alone.

"You know, I still remember Lily Evans first time coming here for her wand, James Potter too." The man spoke from the back of the shop. "Huh, how funny, Mr. Potter's grandparents have the exact same name as you two. And they got married and had a beautiful son, Mr. Potter's father, Harry Potter." I can tell the man liked talking.

The boy, Potter, looked bored, waiting for his wand, so he could leave.

The old man came with two wands and signaled me to stand next to Potter.

He gave me a black wand, and dark brown to Potter.

"Go on then." He stepped back and watched.

I tried my wand on one of the empty boxes and suddenly a white light appeared on the ceiling, pointing to me.

Well, that was easy.

"Very well." He took the wand from me and signaled Potter to do the same.

He did and the exact same thing happened to him, too.

The old man took his wand, too, and went back to the counter. He muttered something to himself. Something like 'History repeats itself.'

I paid and left the store, hoping that I won't have to deal with anymore awkwardness.

I stood next to the shop, looking around to see where to go next.

"I'm James, and you must be Lily." I heard a voice talking to me, I turned around and saw the same boy.

I didn't answer, since he already knew my name.

"First year?" He asked.

"Yes." I never actually looked at his face.

His eyes were hazel, and his hair was brown, slightly curly. His lips were pinkish, just like his cheeks. He looked like a really... hyperactive person.

"You must be Oliver's daughter, my dad is close friends with him." I don't really get where he's going with this, what does he want?

"Well, nice to meet you James Potter." I smiled at him and kept looking around to where to go next.

"Are you okay?" James asked.

"Yes?"

"Did you hit your head to the door, or something? Okay, okay. Let's try again." He took a step forward and grabbed my hand to shake. "Hi, I'm James Potter , Harry Potter 's kid."

"And I'm Lily Wood. So, uhm, if you excuse me, I'm going to leave now." I patted him on the shoulder and left.

Now, let's find where my parents are.