61. Dirty Towel

He dragged me upstairs to his room, and I kept whispering him to keep it down while going up the stairs.

At the beggining of the corridor, an old man was sleeping in his painting, so we passed him and James opened a door.

We closed the door behind us and made sure to do 'Muffliato' so no one would hear us.

James turned around with his wand in his hand and raised his arms. "Welcome to my mansion!"

I looked around the room with raised eyebrows.

Three beds, undone covers, pillows on the floor, clothes are hanging down from the closet, bathroom door open, and one of the beds covered with books.

"Huh," I turned back to James to find him smiling.

"Hey, try to guess the bed owners."

I gave him a half smile and he stood right next to me as I took a closer look.

I showed the bed that was across from the other two. "That one is Teddy's."

"Why?"

"Because... it has been specifically moved to the other side, probably because it's too much to deal with a Potter and a Weasley. And I see a hairbrush on his nightstand."

"Hey, that brush could be anyones."

I turned to look at him while pressing my lips together.

"Did you ever look at your own hair? It's obvious that you never brush it. Neither does Fred."

He didn't answer for a while then nodded. "Okay fair enough. Go on."

I walked over to the two beds next to each other and stood between them.

I showed the one on my left. "That's Fred's."

"What! How did you know?"

"Because it has an undone tie on it. I have known you enough for years to know you never wear a tie."

He sat on his bed that was covered with books, but I don't think he even realised there were books on his bed by the way he sat down.

"Though, I'm a bit confused."

"Why is that?"

"Well, you never read in your free time, you never study... but your bed is covered in open books."

"Oh?" He looked under him, and around the bed and I was fast enough to see his eyes widen. "Oh! Oh, that's... nothing." He pushed all the books down with his arms and looked at me with a suspicious smile.

"Are you hiding something?" I asked with a thin voice.

"Are you hiding something?" He repeated.

I swallowed when my throat suddenly felt dry. "I'm not hiding anything."

"I'm not hiding anything either."

We gave each other suspicious looks and I gave up by sitting on his bed and putting one of his pillows on my lap to play.

I looked around the room and the towel on the floor got my attention.

"Who is that nasty, leaving their wet towels on the floor?"

He looked at where I was showing and laughed. "That's... Teddy and Fred's towel."

That caught me off guard and I tried to see if there was a second towel under the first one.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, for the pass ten days, they both have been using the same towel with out even realizing."

"So," I tried to hold back my laughter. "You decided to... not to tell them?"

"Well, I only fully realized it after the fifth day, when I saw an extra towel hanging down from my closet. Sooo...."

This time I let myself laugh and James joined me with a small chuckle.

"They will probably realize it when they see their towel on the floor."

That made me laugh even more.

"Do they at least wash it?"

His laugh suddenly stopped and he gave me a confused look.

"What?"

"What what?" I stared to his face as he didn't answer and my eyes widened.

"Nooo, James, noo! Please tell me you wash your towels!"

He touched the back of his neck and I threw him the second pillow.

"James you're suppose to wash them!"

"I didn't know! Besides, why do you even wash a towel if your clean naked body touches it?"

I pushed the word naked away from my mind, and focused on the washing part.

"So what do you do once you're out of the shower?"

"First I dry myself with the towel, then I use drying spell on the towel so it won't drip, then I go out of the bathroom to put some clothes on."

"Wait, wait, hold up." I closed my eyes and tried to think everything he just said and opened them again.

"You walk around the room... naked?"

He shrugged and nodded his head. "Well, yeah. Most of the time, yeah."

I shook my head in disappointment and let myself fall on the bed.

"Hey!" He argued laying down next to me, and we both watched the ceiling. "Be thankful that I have my clothes on right now."

"Excsue me?" I gave him a warning look.

"No! Not like that! I normally sleep naked."

"Well, thank you for not traumatizing me."

He got up from the bed and walked towards his closet. "Here," he trew me a plaid pyjama bottom and I catched it with one hand. "Do you want a new top or is that okay?"

I looked at his sweater I was wearing and nodded my head saying no. "This one is fine."

He was whistling while looking through his closet. He took out another plaid pyjama bottom and a white plain t-shirt.

"How many pyjama bottoms do you have?" I asked looking at the one he gave me, and the exact same one he was holding.

"Way too many. But I thought red would look better on you, than the old green one I had." He took off his grey shirt and threw it on Teddy's bed.

"Oh ,that was Teddy's. He left it on my bed yesterday so I wore it."

"You guys are so organized." I sighed, looking back at him.

Oh my... what in the name of Godric, Salazar, Rowena, Helga is this?

Quidditch did a good- great job.

"Liar."

I snapped back into reality and looked away as he put on his shirt.

"Why am I a liar?" I asked while getting up to change in the bothroom.

"Weren't you the one who said, you will be traumatized?"

I didn't answer him and closed the door behind me to change.