44. Albus' Orbs

Fifth Year:

"MY ORBS! MY BEAUTIFUL ORBS! THEY'RE MELTING!" He covered his eyes and stepped back.

I tried to pull away as soon as I heard him but James' left arm was around my waist.

"I will need therapy after this..." He muttered, rubbing his eyes with his hands.

"Don't be so dramatic, Albus." James said.

"What?! I'm not being dramatic, I'm being realistic. My bloody timing- Why were you two kissing again? Why are you two alone? Where's everyone else? Are you guys on a date? Do they know you two are on a date?"

This time I pushed James a bit harder to get away from his hold. I straightened my shirt, though it was already straight.

"We were..." I started but couldn't continue. What was my reason for this one? I always had –not always good- reasons of kissing him. But this time, I am completely empty. How do I-

Oh my God! What did I do?!

I just kissed James.

Again!

And I liked it. And I want to do it again. But I can't do it again. But why not?

"Do either of you actually have a reason to be here? Alone, kissing, half hugging?" Albus asked, looking down at us. If that's even possible, since he is shorter than both of us.

We both just stared at him as he waited for an answer. But that answer never came.

He sighed once again and looked at the ground. "Alright. While you two..." He pointed his hands at us. "Figure this out, I will find Minnie."

"McGonagall?" James asked confused.

"Yeah, we had this... thing. Basically I just lost 10 galleons." He rubbed his head with two fingers and left us alone.

Neither of us turned to look at each other, we just stayed like the trees around us. No movement, no talking, and no kissing, obviously.

Why does it always has to be awkward after kissing someone? Well, especially when that someone is James. It makes it even more awkward.

"You said..." He stopped and turned to look at me. So I shifted my body and looked at him. He looked like he was choosing the best words carefully. "You said, you liked... kissing me?" It sounded more like a question.

I normally prefer being the first when we are racing, playing a game, pulling pranks... but when the topic is this, I have no problem being the last.

"You..." I cleared my throat. "You said it first. I said it second."

"So you did say it?" He asked again, ignoring what I just said.

"I- I might have." Ugh, Merlin's toe! Talk normal Lily!

"I think you were just stressed over the quidditch match coming up," I continued. Looking for a better explanation of the kiss. "We didn't prank each other in a really long time. It's very normal that it confused you-" He cut me off and the things he said next made me freeze at first.

"No, I did it on purpose." He swallowed and continued. "I think you left your brain at Hogwarts, so let me help you clear this up." I was going to argue but I changed my mind and continued listening. "I kissed you on purpose and I would do it again. A few weeks ago you hugged me and I want that again-"

Braveness. This is probably one of my bravest moments.

"Be my boyfriend."

Definitely the bravest thing I've ever did. Yup.

"I mean, no, don't be my- what am I saying?" I muttered the last part. I sighed and gave up. Looking up at James, I saw him looking at me. Not with scared, disgusted, or annoyed face. He was just... looking.

I didn't say anything, just kept looking, like him.

He took a small step forward and my reflexes took me two steps back. He took a step forward, I took two steps back. Back and forward, back and forward.

My back was now leaned against the wall. This time, and for the first time, he leaned in slowly, and I waited for him. Both of his hands on my cheeks, which are blushing way too much.

His lips slowly, and softly touched mine, and we kissed. But this one was different from the others we had.

They were more like... kissing to see what happens. Like we were just testing.

But this one isn't testing. This one is more like kissing because we want to.

We slowly pulled away and I looked at him in the eye. We didn't say anything. Just walked down the alley towards Hogwarts.

*****

When we arrived, the common room was half empty. Everyone was out at Hogsmeade.

I saw Roxanne, Teddy, Fred, and ghost Fred sitting on the sofa and armchairs.

"Ayy, they are back." Teddy saw us first and I sat next to him on the sofa. "What's up?"

"Hmm? Oh, nothing. Nothing." I felt him look at me suspiciously as our friends went on with their conversations.

Dinner time came and we all got up to go to dinner early.

Ghost Fred just passed through the floor and we got out of the common room and walked down the corridors.

Well, I was walking until Teddy pulled me away from our group and waited until we were completely alone.

"Why are you acting so weird all of a sudden?" He asked, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"I'm not being weird. What are you talking about?" I bit the scar on my upper lip and watched him watch me.

"You're lying."

Do I tell him?

I should. He is my friend. Well, though I should probably not tell the others yet.

"I- don't exaggerate." I added quickly. "James and I... I think..." He was looking at me excitedly waiting for me to finish.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"I think... Well-"

"Lily!"

"Okay, fine. I think I might have asked James to be my boyfriend. And I think he said yes. Well, he didn't say anything, he kissed me. Wait a second what does that mean-"

"And you didn't tell me this earlier?! You little mother-"