28. The List

Fifth Year:

James' Pov:

Teddy, Fred and I entered the great hall and found the girls having a conversation while eating. I looked around but Emma was nowhere to be seen.

Thank Merlin.

That girl is like the gum under Albus' quidditch shoe for the last two months.

I'm still not planning to tell him that.

Teddy sat next to Lily as usual, and I sat Next to Fred across from them.

Today, Lily's hair wasn't in a ponytail like she always did. She left it open, with her wand holding back the shorter hair behind.

Perfect opportunity for me.

"Oh, hello Wood. Didn't see you there. Your face was... covered... by your giant hair."

She rolled her eyes and looked up to meet mine, "Ha ha."

She somehow manages to have a bad hair day every week. 

"Did either of you start the kissing thing yet?" Roxanne asked.

I bit my toast as Teddy answered. "Not yet. But we did make a list of people we're going to kiss."

"Oh?" Lily looked up again. "Do you mind sharing, Teds?"

He took out a piece of paper with ugly writing on it.

Actually, who am I to talk? His writing is way much better than mine.

He cleared his throat before reading the list out loud.

"Marlene from Ravenclaw, Sarina from Slytherin, Kayla from Gryffindor, Abby from Hufflepuff, Ava from Ravenclaw, Brianna from Slytherin, maybe Mark from Hufflepuff. Not so sure about Mark, I don't think he's single."

Lily let out a small laugh. "He will be when he finds out that Teddy Lupin wants to kiss him."

Teddy put his list back into his pocket. "If you think so, Lils..."

"I know so." He smirked and slowly shouldered him. "Who wouldn't want to kiss you?"

Me.

I don't want to kiss him.

Or Lily to kiss him.

Ugh, I should have add that to the rules!

Roxanne was eating with her mouth open and Lily took a sip from her drink and Teddy continued. "I didn't know you had this much interest in me."

Lily answered without any hesitation. "Because I don't."

I looked at Fred, waiting for him to say something. But he was too busy with waving to a Hufflepuff.

"Wait actually," Roxanne started. Now I know who is the better twin. "Would you mind kissing Teddy? Would that ever bother you?"

Never mind I take it back. 

"I don't know..." She shrugged.

"Hey, who's excited for the quidditch match coming up?" I randomly asked.

Lily's eyes shined with excitement. "Yes! I can't wait to see you get hit with a bludger."

What happened to 'treat people with kindness'?

Roxanne aggressively shook her head. "That's not what I asked." She looked back at Lily. "I wanna knowww."

Lily sighed. "I guess I wouldn't mind. I only see him as a friend and probably nothing would change between us." She looked at Teddy, who was leaning his back on her. "Right?"

He nodded. "I agree."

Like I would believe that! Please! I'm smarted than I look!

I tapped my fingers to my knees. "Oh, so you wouldn't mind kissing her now?"

Teddy chuckled and looked at me. "Not even a little."

The... audacity!

"Do it." 

It was right at this moment where I wished Merlin's pet dragon would sit on me so I wouldn't have said that.

I heard Lily let out a nervous laugh, but I kept my eyes on Teddy.

"Do it. It will be counted on the list."

Okay, seriously, where's the bloody dragon? I'm waiting.

"We have ten minutes before the lesson." She sounded nervous.

Teddy and I continued the staring. "I will be done by then."

You see... I don't care who Lily dates, talks, hugs, loves, smiles, hates.

But pranking and kissing?

That's where I get involved.

That's our thing.

Was a thing. Not a thing anymore, but still. You know what I mean.

I saw Lily slide a little left, away from us. "We have Professor McGonagall. And I don't want to get a threat where I turn into a hourglass-"

I cut him off. "Lily, are you going to kiss him or not?"

"Well, Sir, I don't feel like getting involved in your stupid kissing competition-"

I didn't let it go. "So you're scared?"

She slowly adjusted herself and sat straight. Oh this is getting real.

"I never get scared."

"Prove it." I looked at her in the eye. "Prove us that you are not scared of catching feelings with your bestfriend because of a stupid little kiss."

Roxanne and Fred were watching without any words. 

More than half of the great hall was now empty, she got up and I did the same.

"Listen, Potter. I don't know what your problem is..." She took a step forward pointing her finger at me. "But I don't suggest messing with me."

"S-so are you gonna do it?" Fred asked. 

She looked at Teddy who was watching us like nothing was wrong. She looked back and took another step forward, "Bring it on."

They all got up in excitement and Fred used his wand to get Teddy's list.

I backed away and stood next to Roxanne.

She doesn't have the nerve.

*****

Lily's Pov:

I kissed him.

I'm not sure how it felt, but I kissed him.

It only lasted for seven seconds, and yes I did count.

We both pulled away and I opened my eyes. Looking back at our friends, both Roxanne and Fred's mouths were wide open. Fred slowly crossed something off from Teddy's list while his face was still shocked.

I cleared my throat. "Come on. We will be late."

I left them like that and started walking out of the great hall. I could hear their, very slow, footsteps following behind.

And that's how it's done Potter.

A/N: I must say... I don't know how to feel about this chapter yet.

Well, I hope you enjoyed. xx