29. New Ship

Fifth Year:

"This thing doesn't make any sense!" I threw my quill and hit my head to the book.

"You seem like you're having fun."

I lifted my head and parted my hair to be able to see who was talking. "Hey, Teddy." I let go of my head once again and sighed.

I heard him pull the chair and sit down across from me.

"What's wrong?"

"I just... it doesn't make any sense.... teenagers have to deal with this every single day- how are they even-"

"I can't understand anything you're saying."

I rolled my eyes and held up my head to make eye contact. "Did you know that muggles have to deal with this muggle math madness every day?"

He looked like he was about to laugh so I grabbed my book and opened a random page.

"Look at this nonsense! Why?! Why do muggles think that world is based on this crap?"

Reminder for myself: do not take muggle math next year.

He took the book and held it upside down. "This is way much harder than trying to solve James and your relationship."

"Give me that-" I grabbed the book and closed it. "I'm already in a bad mood, don't make it worse."

He chuckled. "Why, what happened?"

I leaned my back on the chair and put my feet on the table. "Your kiss bet is what happened."

He made a face that looked like a puppy. "Aww, are you jealous?"

"I'm not jealous." I sighed. "Today five people came up to me and told me I could kiss them. Five. They think the bloody bet is between me and James."

"Oh wow." He started laughing and I just stared at him. "Are you sure, tho?"

"About what?"

He gave me a cheeky smile. "Is that the only reason you're in a bad mood? Nothing else?"

I turned my head and watched a bunch of first years giggling. "That's it."

"Not even the fact that James is walking around and kissing random girls?"

Huh, I never even thought of that.

"I will be honest with you." I leaned forward and signaled him to come closer. He came closer and gave me his full attention. "It didn't even cross my mind." I whispered.

He rolled his eyes as I smiled.

"I don't get you two. Even a mistletoe can't make you kiss! That's probably like... illegal!"

I put on a questioning look. "Tho, I do regret rejecting that blonde girl... She was-" I stopped talking and looked at Teddy. "What did you just say?"

He cleared his throat. "W-what?"

I pointed my finger at him. "That last thing you said."

"I didn't say anything. I don't know what you're talking about."

I looked at his hair. "Stop lying."

"I'm not lying!"

I slowly got up from my chair as he did the same. "Yes you are. Your hair is white. Like that time it turned white after you told Fred you didn't know where his broom was. But you did. Because you were the one who broke it."

"That was an accident!" He defended.

"You were the one..." I looked at the floor and started thinking.