45. Blonde & Ginger

Fifth Year:

That night, it took me longer to fall asleep. My mind kept going back to the same thing.

I don't know what I was thinking. I thought if I say that... he would...

I don't know.

And for the record, he kissed me first. I just continued it. Because... why not?

Okay, no. I'm not being honest.

I shifted on my bed and tried to fall asleep once again. But my eyes kept opening as I remembered the second kiss.

Was that even a yes? Or no?

If someone asks you a question, you answer with a yes, or no. Kissing is not an answer.

*****

"Agghh!"

Alice's groaning to Roxanne made me shift in my bed. "Shut up. Shut up. Shut up."

I opened one of my eyes and looked at the bed next to me. It was empty but Roxanne was right next to it on the floor.

"What you doing down there?" I asked with a weird voice. My morning voice.

She touched the back of her neck as she pushed her hair out of her face with the other hand. "I fell over."

"What you fell over for?" I pushed my blankets.

"I didn't do it on purpose!"

I stared at her face for a few seconds, trying to wake up my brain. "Well come on then, let's not wait for the breakfast to end."

Alice groaned at us again. "Shut. The. Hell. Up."

I grabbed the pillow next to me and threw it at her. "Wake up!"

After about thirty minutes, we managed to get up, shower and change into our casual clothes -since it's Sunday today. 

I was too lazy to deal with my hair today, so I did a high ponytail and joined the girls to go downstairs.

The Great Hall was already full of students and professors. Ghosts standing on top of our heads and talking among each other -except for Fred, who was pulling a Slytherin's hair with magic.

We sat down on our usual table, Roxanne and Alice sitting next to each other, while I sat across from them, my usual seat next to-

"Good morning ladies. Slept well?" I looked at Teddy who was across from me.

That, is not usual. I always sit with him. Why did he change all of a sudden?

I sat down next to James and grabbed the milk box.

Just going to eat some cereal today.

"Oh, by the way," Alice took a sip from her juice and looked at all of us, but I felt like she stared at me a little longer than the others. "I am going to meet my parents today. They've got some shopping to do so I will be looking at Max. So..." Another quick glance at me. "Anyone want to join me at Hogsmeade?"

I feel like I should say yes? But I'm scared of kids. They are creepy.

"Just a quick reminder," Roxanne added, looking at me and winking. "Max is a boy."

I rolled my eyes and took a spoon full of cereal.

"What's that all about?" James asked.

"Nothing." I quickly answered.

"Oh, it sounds like something." Fred said.

Teddy let out a laugh. "You two don't know the story?"