39. The Winner

A/N: this will be a short chapter, so I can continue it in the next chapter. So no worries! (I will try to update the next chapter soon. xxx)

Fifth Year:

That morning, we told everyone in the Gryffindor house to gather up at 6pm to announce the winner.

"Alright everyone!" I jumped on top of the table to get all the Gryffindors attention. "It's officially been a week! You know what that means..."

The common room was suddenly filled with cheers, claps, and shouts.

"That's right! The 'kissing bet' is over! Now, I want a big cheer for Teddy!"

The cheers got even louder as Teddy jumped on the table, right next to me.

"And James!"

He jumped next to meas well, with the students cheering and clapping.

I looked at my watch and looked back up. "Alright! Only seven minutes left! We shall start the counting. My hot assistants will be counting for me. A loud cheer for them too, please!"

Another cheering as Alice and Roxanne stood in front of us with James and Teddy's lists.

"Now, while we count the lists, does anyone have any questions?"

I saw Emma with the corner of my eye, waving her hand, jumping up and down.

"No questions? Perfect. Okay then-"

She cleared her throat loudly.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Do you need water or something?"

She ignored me. "I actually have a question. How do you know about this bet, and I don't?"

"Because I am more important than you."

How kind of question is that? We don't need to tell you everything we do.

"Hot assistants!" They both turned to look at me. "How is it going?"

Alice showed me a list of names, "almost done, boss."

"Good." I took out my wand and used it as a fake microphone. "Oh, Lord Teddy. Let's say that you won! What are you planning on doing to James!"

Loud 'ooohh's came from the crowd.

"What ever I want. But I do have a few ideas in my mind." His grin was wide as I turned to James.

"Oh, Lord James, the Jamie Jamie!" He rolled his eyes as I continued mocking him. "What do you have in mind?"

"Many things." He put on his smirk and winked at the crowd. This earned a few yelling from girls that sounded like angry sea monsters waiting for their snack.

I turned back to the croud. "Oi! He is not talking about you lads!"

And now another laugh from the crowd.

I looked at my watch once again. "Last three minutes!"

I looked at the girls as they continued their counting.

Wow, that is a lot of names I'm seeing there.

Ugh, yuck.

That made me stop and look around the common room again.

"Wait a second." I muttered. "Oh, dear Gryffindors! Can I ask you to raise your hand if you kissed Potter for the bet!"

More than half of the common room raised their hands.

The only ones who didn't raise their hands were the guys, Alice, Roxanne, Emma, the younger Gryffindors (since that's not allowed) and... me.

"Okay." I sighed. "Uhm... the bet will be ending in two minutes."

"I am so going to win." James whispered next to me.

"Huh," I looked at him with sarcasm in my voice. "I don't remember allowing you to talk. So shut it." I smiled and turned back to Roxanne. "Hey, Rox? How is it going?"

"Surprisingly... it's 21/21."

A few 'booo's came from the common room.

They kissed 21 people?!

Especially James, kissing only girls?

"Uhm... here's what we are going to do!" I looked at the time. "We have one minute five seconds left. They have to find at least one more person to kiss."

Everyone looked around.

"Ah, man..." Teddy muttered next to me, so I patted his back.

"How am I suppose to find a girl to kiss, right now?" James asked me.

"Well, I don't know Potter. I don't remember you having a problem with kissing 21 girls. Couldn't be so hard, could it?"

"Come on, clock is ticking!" A boy yelled, standing next to the bookshelf.

"I need to win this!" James complained.

You already kissed 21 girls, but apparently it's not enough for you.

"Lily, do something!" James continued

Like what? Punching you in the fa-

I know exactly what to do.

"Okay." I hope my breath doesn't smell.

I closed my eyes and turned next to me. Here we go! I leaned in and kissed him, earning a big cheering from the students.

I pulled back after a good six seconds of kissing each other and looked at my watch.

"Ladies, gentlemen, and my nonbinaries! The winner is..." I held his hand and raised it in the air.

"Teddy Lupin!"

Another cheering and another 'boo'ing came from the crowd.