53. The Necklace

(A/N: Yes. This is the real chapter.)

James' POV:

We still have an extra hour before the classes finish. Which means we have all the castle -except for the classes- to ourselves.

And I had a great idea about how to spend that hour!

"This might be the worst idea you ever had in your entire life." Lily looked down to the Black Lake, before looking back at me.

"What?!" I looked down with a smile and tried to prove my obvious point to her. "Let me explain it again. And it will all make sense."

She crossed her arms in front of her chest and waited for me to continue.

"We will cast the spell. Jump down. Avoid the deadly mermaids. And find the necklace. Nothing can go wrong." I smiled at her.

She was trying to stay serious but I could see she was hiding her big smile. "That is so not true." She looked down once again. "And wrong."

I shrugged and took out my wand. "Just because it's deadly dangerous and forbidden to jump in that lake, doesn't mean it's wrong."

"It is wrong!" She sighed and closed her eyes. "Godric. James, is there anything right about you at all? Don't think so." Her last words were like a whisper but I still heard it.

I want to kiss her.

I sighed and put on a (fake) sad face. "You're my only right." I winked and she burst out laughing.

"That was the worst pick up line I have ever heard! Did you make that up?" She wiped off the fake tears from her eyes.

"Oh come on! I know you liked it."

She let out another small laugh. "No I didn't."

I was about to say "yes you did" but she cut me off.

"Alright. Let's do this." She made a high ponytail with her hair while looking down at the lake.

Her obsession with high ponytails are so strange...

"What did that necklace look like, again?"

I closed my eyes and tried to remember one of the pictures Aunt Hermione had with the necklace.

"Uhm... it's small, golden, heart shaped, and it opens."

"How did she lost it?"

"During the Triwizard Tournament."

She nodded and took out her wand. "Ready?"

I want to kiss her.

I looked around where we were standing.

My dad told me that this place -exactly where we are standing- was where the Gryffindors were chearing him during the tournament.

It is a bit old now, and most of the wooden parts are broken. Probably why no one ever comes here anymore. It looks like it could break into million peaces any second.

And we are standing on top of it.

Nice.

We were so high up that it could take us six or seven seconds to land.

"Let's jump on the count of three." She said taking a step forward to the end.

I stood next to her, slightly moving closer until our shoulders -well, her shoulder and my arm- almost touch. "You count."

She looked really concentrated and serious, just to jump down from high up into the lake.

She nodded and took another step closer to the end with me. "One,"