47. Everyone Finds Out

Fifth Year:

Lily's POV:

"Are we never gonna have a normal weekend?" I asked, dropping myself on the sofa, next to Teddy.

"Define normal." James sighed and sat down on the floor.

We were both tired from babysitting the devil- I mean Max.

"You two seem like you had a good time." Fred said sarcastically.

I was about to complain about my every single problem when we saw a familiar owl enter the common room from the window.

"Must be my parents thanking me." She grabbed the letter from the owl and gave him some food.

She sat down on the table with Roxanne next to her, and they both started reading the letter as I closed my eyes to rest on the sofa, my head resting on Teddy's lap.

Two seconds didn't even pass when I heard Alice yelling at us.

"YOU GAVE HIM BEER?!"

"Yeah?" James asked like nothing was wrong. "He said he drinks it all the time with his dad."

I sat straight on the sofa. 

"And you believed him?! He's four! You know kids can lie, right?"

Both James and I looked at each other slowly, and realized we messed up big.

"I can't believe you gave my brother beer? What were you thinking? Whose idea was th- you know what, that doesn't even matter. What matters is-"

"Uhh, Alice?" Roxanne got up from her chair, holding the letter with a very shocked face.

"What?!" Alice turned with anger and they both read the rest of the letter quietly. 

Suddenly, I felt like getting up was the best option I had right now, in case I have to run. James got up across from me and we both waited nervously for Alice's next shout.

Roxanne was the first to look up from the letter they were holding together. She gave me a nervous glance and looked at James the same way.

"Stole a lollipop?" Alice muttered and continued reading the rest.

Oh god. What did we do? And why does a letter take that long to read?!

Alice looked up from the letter, the slowness in her move made me even more nervous. 

"You two are dating?" She asked with a low voice.

Suddenly the common room fell silent. Those who chose to stay inside today, were now staring at us, like this was some kind of a movie. And the plot twist just happened.

The silent continued as I tried to process everything.

"HE TOLD THEM?!" James asked, apparently shocked that a four year old can't hold a secret.

"YOU TOLD HIM?!" I yelled.

"WHY DID YOU TELL HIM?!" Teddy went next.

"YOU KNEW?!" Fred yelled at Teddy.

"IT'S TRUE?!" Alice sounded shocked.

"YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?!" Roxanne looked at me with a bit of hurt in her eyes.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!"

We all turned around at the same time.

Albus was standing next to the door, holding seven butterbeers.  He lowered his voice to normal. "Beer?"