2: Mr. Detective and I arrive at the scene

"Number Zero's relationship with Five has only grown stronger since he went missing. I fear that she may lose control without someone to confide in,"-Reginald Hargreeves.

Zero's POV

Diego and I got to the mansion very early because 'Mr. Detective' needed to survey the scene. I had to go with him because he was my ride. Technically, Diego was my ride everywhere because I can't drive- I look 15, there was no way anyone would let me get my driver's license. 

As Diego went straight into our father's room, I went to my old room. I knew I'd have some regular clothes to change into. I didn't want to look like a complete idiot in my stupid spandex suit *cough, cough*, Diego. 

I arrived at my door and was immediately sent a wave of nostalgia. My room was right next to Five's and Ben's. It was quiet after the two of them... left. Missions felt pointless, training was difficult, and I was acting out more than usual. It wasn't until Dad had forced me to spend the whole day talking telekinetically to Luther, when I finally had enough. The level of exhaustion from all that power usage caused my ears to bleed. It wasn't until I had noticed I was at Diego's little den in the gym when I had finally passed out. I woke up the next morning with a concerned Diego with hot chocolate. I then proceeded to spill my life story to him, including my awful relationship with our father and how I would forever look like a teenager. 

Entering my room, I went straight into my closet. I was thankful I had left some clothes here so I wasn't forced to wear my old uniform, even though I'm sure it would still fit. I grabbed a pair of black ripped jeans, a black top, and an oversized red flannel that I had stolen from Klaus. I looked in the mirror; I looked semi decent. My wavy brown hair was pulled back into a slick ponytail from Diego and I's crusade of justice. My combat boots were still on and weren't very scuffed anymore. Although, it did have bits of glass on it. I just gently shook it off. 

Walking back downstairs, I psychically noticed there were only two presences in the house now- Diego was missing. 

"God, do I have to put a leash on him?" I groaned. It was late and I was tired from all that fighting that I decided to just retire to sleep in my old room. I took out my hair and threw off my boots. I collapsed into a mountain of pillows. Diego was a big boy who could solve his problems on his own. Well, not really but I couldn't care much at the moment. 

☂︎     ☂︎     ☂︎     ☂︎

As I opened my eyes I was immediately overpowered from a massive headache via all the new voices in my head. That must have meant my siblings were here. I headed down into the main foyer and saw Alison and Vanya greeting each other. Diego, being the bitch he was, had to say something about Vanya.

"What is she doing here?" Diego asked aggressively, looking towards Vanya. He continued, "You don't belong here. Not after what you did." 

"You're seriously going to do this today?" Alison said in a rather harsh tone. Diego rolled his eyes and began walking away. "Way to dress for the occasion, by the way," She added, referring to Diego's vigilante leather look. I held back a laugh.

"At least I'm wearing black." Diego sulked away upstairs. I stood to the side of the stairs.

I held my head in pain as everyone's thoughts flooded through my mind.

"Hey, hey. Are you okay, Syd? We can go home if you don't feel good."

I shrugged, "It's fine. New voices in my head that's all."

"I know, usually just you and me."

I added, "And Al. Can't forget about him. Man, his thoughts are noisy."

"Of course, he's always dreaming of that boxer chick. I got to go check on Luther, no doubt he is reading into things about Dad's death." Diego and I laughed as he then travelled upstairs. 

I continued back to listening to Alison and Vanya.

"You know what? Maybe he's right," Vanya said in a sad tone. Her eyes filled with sorrow.

"Forget about him. I'm glad you're here." Alison smiled before leaving Vanya alone and moving upstairs. I couldn't help but feel sorry for Vanya. But Diego had a point, that book made him look awful and same with a lot of us. She had no idea what each of us went through. But I guess, neither did we. We had no idea what Vanya went through until the book or, we did but didn't have enough guts to stand up to dad. 

☂︎     ☂︎     ☂︎     ☂︎

Vanya had resided herself in the corridor as I followed after her invisibly. 

"How long has it been?" She asked Pogo, "Since Five disappeared?"

"16 years, 4 months, and 14 days," I mumbled underneath my breath

"16 years, 4 months, and 14 days," Pogo repeated, neither him or Vanya hearing me. 

"You wanna know something stupid? Sydney and I would always leave the lights on for him. We were scared he'd come back to the house late and wouldn't be able to find us. So, every night we'd make a little snack and ensured all the lights were turned on," Vanya added. I smiled at the memory while staying invisible and out of the conversation. I missed those days. The days when Five was still with us. 

"Oh, I remember your snacks. I'm pretty sure I stepped in half of those peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches." Pogo sighed, "Your father always believed that Number Five was still out there somewhere. He never lost hope." 

"And look where that got him," Vanya said bitterly.  

☂︎     ☂︎     ☂︎     ☂︎

I wandered my way upstairs, not wanting to be around mopey Vanya anymore. I heard some shouting from upstairs in dad's office, Klaus. I followed Alison to the sound. 

"Where's the cash?" Klaus asked while hurriedly searching the room. 

"Klaus? What are you doing here?" Allison asked with a confused look upon her face. 

"Oh! Allison! Wow, is that you? Hey come here." Klaus gave Alison a hug. I rested against the doorway, not having enough energy to turn invisible once again. 

"Long time. Too long. Hey, I was hoping to see you, actually, because I wanted to get your autograph," He talked on and on. Neither noticed I was there, but I didn't mind. It wasn't until Luther came strutted in when all the attention was drawn over to me. 

"Get out of his chair," Luther demanded as Klaus almost fell backwards in his seat. I snickered and Luther looked at me. "Oh, Sydney. I didn't see you there. Did anyone see Sydney yet?"

I wanted to hide- why was Luther like this? 

"Syd's here? Syd's here!" Klaus exclaimed as he ran over to me and gave me a big hug. He was jiggling and clinking around. He had definitely taken stuff from dad.

"So Sydney, why do you still look 15?" Luther said the dreadful question. 

"I-uh-"

"What he means to say, is that it's nice to see you again. Right Luther?" Alison grunted whilst elbowing Luther.

"Yes, of course. It's great to see you."

Klaus pushed me along, "If y'all don't mind, I'm going to catch up with my ever so favourite sibling. Toodles!"

Luther put his hand out in front of Klaus, "Drop it."

"Ex-squeeze me?" Klaus said dumbly.

"Do it now!"

Klaus sighed as he begin throwing stuff out of his pockets, "It's just a little advance on our inheritance." He turned to me, "Are you wearing my flannel? Because I've been looking for ages."