13: Back on this stupid eye again

"Number Zero is a joy to have in training. She is fascinated with hurting people and wants to try every way possible. I just need to keep the commission away from Zero," -Reginald Hargreeves.

Zero's POV

Diego dropped me back at the academy after a long and thoughtful talk about how much Dad sucked. He was very excited about my new powers and promised I wasn't a monster. It really meant a lot coming from him. He was a little surprised that Luther was supportive but so was I. I was able to skirt around the getting shot thing and being at the warehouse, so that was a plus. 

I went into Five's room and saw him sewing up a wound on his shoulder. 

"Oh, Five. Are you okay?" I asked running to his side. 

He gave me a smile, "I'm fine, but how are you? You were shot for god's sake. Also, Alison told me about what happened with Dad."

I huffed, "I'm all good now, Five. I am just upset. I don't like thinking that I'm just the monster Dad created me to be."

Five leaned in held my hand, "But, you're not what Dad created you to be. You're kind, confidential, strong, beautiful." Five leaned in to kiss me until we heard a crashing noise outside.

I frowned, "We should probably go." Five nodded. I put a little choo choo train band-aid on the stitches. He got changed and I grabbed Delores.

"You got your knives?" He asked.

"Yep," I nodded, "You got the eye?" 

He nodded, "Yep." He opened up the window and insisted we use it to leave. I didn't disagree as I stepped onto the scaffolding. 

Looks like the crashing noises came from Klaus in the garbage.

"Dammit, where's Dad's stuff?" Klaus growled.

"Can we go see a movie or something? Or the ocean?" I heard someone say. 

"Shut up!" Klaus kept rooting through the trash, "I'm trying to find whatever...priceless crap was in that priceless box, so that Pogo will get off my ass."

Five climbed down the ladder and talked to Klaus, "I'd ask what you're about to Klaus, but then it occurred to me... I don't care." Five hopped over the ladder and then I did. 

Klaus peeked his head out from the garbage and chuckled, "Hey! There are easier ways to get out of the house, buddy."

"This one involved the least amount of talking. Or so I thought." Five grabbed my hand and began to walk down the alleyway. 

Klaus held his flask in his hand and said, "Hey, hey, hey, so...you guys need anymore company today? I could, uh, clear my schedule." He took a sip from his flask and passed it to me. I declined. 

"Looks like you got your hands full," Five grinned.

"Oh, this? No, no. I can do this whenever. I'm just-" Klaus fell backwards into the garbage can. Bottles clattered.

"Klaus? Are you okay?" I called out to him.

"I'm good, just misplaced something. That's all. Oh! I found it! Thank god!" He held up a half eaten doughnut and ate it. I had the desire to puke.

Klaus gulped, "Delicious."

"I'm done funding your drug habit," Five said before walking away. I stayed back. 

"Come on! You don't- Maybe I just wanna hang out with my brother. Not you. Mi hermano! I love you! Even if you can't love yourself! Oh, Syd, you're still here. Wanna hang with me?"