19: The Handler...yep

"I often wonder why Number Zero has yet to understand the utter manipulation Reginald puts her through. Maybe she, as Master Reginald quotes, 'is a bloody thirsty monster'. However, that's impossible. Both Grace and I notice the pure kindness of her heart. I fear though, she will develop a love for hurting others that happiness cannot provide."- Pogo

Zero's POV

Hazel and Cha-Cha had finally arrived as I had finally fallen asleep. Five shook me awake claiming that, "we'll all sleep during the apocalypse."

"That doesn't even make sense," I sneered back to him. I grabbed my 'essential' umbrella and exited the car. 

"Here we go," Five told Luther. They both exited the car as I stood with a frown on my face, "If it's any consolation, I'll let you kill them if they happen to double cross."

I reluctantly gave into the promise and held Five's hand, "I'm holding you to that, Fivey."

Luther stood tall, holding the briefcase in his large hand. Five subtly pulled up our intertwined hands and gave it a small peck. I blushed and held a small smile. The assassins drove up and stopped- I really hoped there were dumber than they looked. 

Five let go of my hand and stalked towards Luther. Five whispered in a low voice, "If this all goes sideways, do me a favour and tell Syd I'm sorry. I know she'll be too stubborn and blame herself. Oh, tell her-" I couldn't hear what Five said next but with the look on Luther's face, it seemed very important. 

Luther nodded with an, "Of course, Five."

Five walked back over to me and I pretended I did hear him. But truth be told, I wasn't letting him leave me alone, again. Never again. 

Cha-Cha, with one ear on her dog mask, and Hazel with his creepy bear grin, walked out of their car. Five grabbed my hand and strolled us towards them. My eyebrows were arched as I felt anger run through my veins- they killed Patch, they killed Patch.

Five gestured his other hand out, "The masks really necessary?"

Hazel and Cha-Cha threw the masks to the ground. Hazel holding his gun in his hand. I held the handle of the umbrella so tightly that my knuckles turned white. 

Cha-Cha sent a glare towards Five asking, "So, where is it kid?"

Five tilted his head and provided a breathy laugh, "Wow, that's how you're gonna start. You know, we can get right back in our car and call it a day."

Cha-Cha rifled out her gun and pointed it to Five, "You won't even make it halfway there."

I growled as my knives floated next to Cha-Cha's neck. I removed my sunglasses revealing my now black eyes and Five grinned. 

"Maybe. But as I'm sure you found out in your previous foray, my brother is not your average giant."

Hazel chimed in, "He's right. You dropped a chandelier on him, got right back up." Cha-Cha slowly turned her head back to Five.

"By the time you took him out, he'd smash your precious briefcase to a pulp."

Hazel gritted his teeth "Probably us too, right? So, what about the kid? What's she gonna do? You don't seem like the type of person to have a sidekick"

With a flick of my wrist, one of the two knives ended up right next to Hazel's neck. 

"Oh, Syd? She's much more than a sidekick." He laughed like a villain, "She'll destroy you. Not only would your bones be broken, but your mind would too."