22: We are shown Hitler's gun

"One of my most valuable assets has been missing for over a week now. I fear that she has become someone else's weapon. What a waste of time! Lila's taking it harder than me,"-The Handler

Zero's POV

Five and I were lucky enough that the Handler hadn't actually caught us making out. That would've been so embarrassing. The Handler had started her lunch by slurping down her drinks because of course, she was on her dumb liquid diet. She was sitting behind a large desk in her office. 

"And that's how Phil determined that the archduke just had to go. Care for a dessert?"

Five placed his water down and shook his head, "I had a bad Twinkie in the apocalypse once. It kind of put me off deserts."

"Please, indulge me." She pushed the bowl of candies towards us. I hastily grabbed one and shoved it in my mouth- the wrapper off of course. 

Five grabbed one and sighed. He unwrapped it and ate it. While he ate one, I had three more. 

The Handler lit her cigarette holder and inhaled, "What's that taste like to you?"

My mouth was full of candy so Five answered, "The 1950's?"

"Precisely right. It seems Sydney likes them."

I peeked my head up with a mouth that was filled, "What?"

"Don't worry about it, kiddo."

"I'm 29."

She continued, "Our metaphysics division concocted a way to perfectly distill an entire decade into a single candy. This one's modeled after the Fudge Mutt. America's favourite in 1955."

Five's eyebrows lifted, "Remarkable."

"You'll be happy to know it's the very division that's building your new bodies. Oh, that reminds me. I have something for you two," She explained. She pulled out an intercom and asked, "Carla?"

"Yes?"

"Would you bring in the box, please?"

"Certainly."

The intercom clicked off and footsteps sounded out in the hallway. The Handler got up as Carla brought in this box. The Handler walked towards it, cigarette in hand. Five stood up observing it. 

"Go ahead, open it."

Five pulled off the top revealing a dapper suit.

"Clothes make the man, Five. Won't it be nice when you can actually wear it? Very soon, I assure you. They're perfecting your body as we speak."

Five spared a long glance at the new clothes, "Thank you. It's a very kind gift." Five closed the lid and moved his glance towards one of the Handler's many objects.

"Is that a Chinese flamethrower?"

"Good eye. War. Such a fascinating concept. A temporary salve for a permanent human flaw. Course, it's a bit easier to see from 30,000 feet," The Handler chuckled and waved her hand towards all her trinkets, "These are just some of the things I've collected in my travels. M26 grenades from the Vietnam War." She threw one in the air which guaranteed Five's attention, "And this, the most noteworthy, perhaps. My Walther pistol. The very one Hitler used to kill himself. We're not supposed to take these things, but...he wasn't going to use it anymore." She held the gun out and told us, "Feel...how perfectly balanced that is. Hm?"

She handed the gun to Five and he observed it very intently. I snuck back to eat a few more of those candies. 

"I had some thoughts I wanted to run by you. Some suggestions to improve Commission protocol."