6: So...Five's back

"Number Zero's telekinesis powers come from the shadows, there are other questions as to what else she can do with her powers? She may be able to travel through the shadows or even speak to the dead like Number Four. However, she is too lazy for any of this," Reginald Hargreeves.

Zero's POV

I sat up on the table next to Klaus, still shocked that Five was right here in the flesh. His face was still a little red looking. I sort of felt bad.

Five was travelling around the kitchen grabbing different ingredients.

"What's the date? The exact date?" He sighed. 

"The 24th," Vanya said blankly.

Five appeared annoyed, "Of what?"

"March," I said in a hoarse voice. He glanced at me with kind eyes. 

"Good," He said, opening the package of bread. We all sat staring at him. 

Luther spoke first, "So, are we not gonna talk about what happened?"

Five ignored him, understandably, and placed his two pieces of bread side by side. Klaus looked at Alison and then me. I mouthed, 'I have no idea.'

Luther stood up from his seat, "It's been 17 years."

Five faced him and raised his gaze, "It's been a lot longer than that." He then spatial jumped to the cupboard. 

"I haven't missed that," Luther added. 

"Where'd you go?" Diego asked his arms crossed.

"The future," He stated before spatial jumping away, "It's shit, by the way."

"Called it," Klaus and I said in unison. 

I turned to Diego, "You owe me five bucks." He reached into his pockets and handed me a rather crisp Five dollar bill. I shoved it inside my pocket. 

Five still looking for sandwich ingredients announced, "I should've listened to the old man. You know, jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice."

He paused for a moment before complimenting Klaus, "Nice dress."

Klaus expressed a flattered look, "Oh, well, danke!" He spun the end of the fabric around in his hand. I stifled a laugh. 

Vanya was still confused, "Wait, how did you get back?"

"In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time." Everyone was confused.

"That makes no sense," Diego stated.

Without looking up from his sandwich Five explained, "Well, it would if you were smarter."

Diego shot up but Luther pushed him back.

"Yeah Diego, only smart people understand. Like Five and I," I explained. Five gave me one of his signature smirks. Whereas Diego on the other hand, exhibited evidence that he was going to kill me.  

"How long were you there?" Luther inquired. 

"Forty-five years. Give or take." This caused everyone to exemplify their confusion. My head pounded in thoughts. I subtly held it- not waiting to take the attention off of Five. 

"So what are you saying? You're fifty eight?"

"No, my consciousness is fifty eight," Five said at the same time as me.

"No, his consciousness is fifty eight," I said at the same time as Five.

He gave me an approving look, "Apparently, my body is now 15 again." Five had finished his sandwich.