15: Getting drunk with Five & Delores

"Number Zero is influenced heavily by Number Five. If Five jumped off a cliff, she would too,"-Reginald Hargreeves

Zero's POV

Alison pulled me out of bed, claiming she had something important to show me. I told her it must be able to wait for me to get dressed. My clothes were a little bloody, or more like, really bloody. I pulled out a vibrant pair of purple plaid pants and a plain white shirt. Grabbing my boots, I left my room following Alison. I asked if it was waffles and she just kinda sighed. She led me upstairs with Luther, who still wouldn't make eye contact with us. 

"The two guys last night, the ones with the masks...they did this to her," Alison explained. Mom was shut down and her wires were cut. I wiped a tear quickly as Alison came and held me.

"It has to do with Five somehow. I mean, they were looking for him. And you, Syd."

Luther whipped his head towards me, "What did you do, Sydney? What did you do?"

Alison caressed my hair, as I reasoned, "It's because of Five. If they go after him, they go after me. It's the way it's usually been, Luther."

Luther nodded, "I know I was arguing to turn Grace off, but it doesn't make seeing her like this any easier."

"Poor Diego. I mean, this is gonna be so hard for him."

Luther grumbled, "Yeah, it's hard on all of us."

I rolled my eyes and almost pounced on Luther, but Alison held me back

"Luther..." Alison began.

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay? You know you can talk to me, or even Syd."

Luther shook his head, "I don't want to discuss it. Do you think Syd likes to talk about Dad torturing her for days on end." My eyes widened as I avoided Alison's pity glances. 

"What? He...tortured you?" 

I looked at my wrist as if there was a watch there and I exclaimed, "Shit, look at the time. I better get going, nice to see you Luther, Ally, Mother who is now dead." Alison held me back.

"Don't do that. Don't shut me out, either of you."

Luther and I both surveyed each other as Luther expressed, "See, Sydney doesn't want to talk about and neither do I. Right, Syd?"

"Righty on through, Moon-boy. I should go- Diego probably needs me. Toodles." I gathered the shadows around me and jumped to Diego. Or, jumped on top of Diego.

☂︎      ☂︎     ☂︎     ☂︎

Diego laid in front of Patch's house. I fell out of the shadows right on top of Diego. I rolled to the side and shook my bones out. 

"You good, Syd?" He laughed. I could see something in his eyes, making him seem sad. He must've known about Mom.

"Yep....no. Are you okay, though? Mom, uh-" My eyes got watery as I couldn't finish my sentence.

"Come here, Syd," Diego gestured to the other side of him as he lied down again, "To be truthful, no, I'm not okay. Mom, was everything to me. Like, you are to me." I smiled at this. 

The door opened as Patch walked out, "What the hell? Who'd you guys piss off this time?" Patch came to sit next to Diego and I. 

"I gave it as good as I got."

Patch softly laughed, "That didn't answer my question." Diego sat up as Patch passed him her coffee. She looked at my tired exterior, "Did you want some coffee, Syd?"