10: Klaus is an actor

"Number Zero seems to be overly protective of Number Four. If only she could learn how his medium powers work. It would be a great asset for her to expand on this hidden power she carries. Unfortunately, neither Zero or Four have the patience for working on this"- Reginald Hargreeves

Zero's POV

I laid on the bed, very comfy in my position. 

"Five? Syd?" Vanya called out, "Oh, thank god. I was worried sick about you too. Is Syd?"

Five chuckled, "Asleep? I hope so. I'm sorry we left without saying goodbye." My eyes slowly fluttered open. 

"No, look, I'm the one who should be sorry. Yeah, I was dismissive and I-I guess I didn't know how to process what you were saying. And I still can't, to be honest."

Five sighed, "Maybe you were right to be dismissive. Maybe it wasn't real after all. It felt real. Well...like you said, the old man did say that time travel could contaminate the mind.

"Then maybe I'm not the right person for you to be talking to. Look, I used to see someone. A therapist. I could give you her information. Or, Sydney. She is probably more than willing to talk to you. 

"Thanks, but...I think I'm just gonna get some rest. It's been a long time since I've had a good sleep."

"Okay," Vanya sighed, leaving the room. As soon as I heard her leave, I shot out of bed.

"Feeling better?" Five asked me. 

I nodded, "A little less grumpy." Five laughed and was about to leave the room when the wardrobe next to him opened up. A wild Klaus appeared out of it. 

"That's so...touching, all that stuff about family and Dad and time. Wow!" Klaus stumbled on all the fallen objects from the wardrobe. 

Five grew an agitated look, "Would you shut up, she'll hear you."

"I'm moist."

I nodded, "Nice to know, Klaus."

Five pointed to his outfit, "I thought I told you to put on something professional."

Klaus looked shocked, "What? This is my nicest outfit." Klaus was wearing this awful looking blouse, with wavy shaped sleeves. 

Five moved his head and sighed, "We'll raid the old man's closet."

"Whatever as long as I get paid." 

"When the job is done."

Five, Klaus, and I left the room. 

"Okay, but just so we're clear on the finer details, I just gotta go into this place and pretend to be you and Syd's dear old dad, correct?"

Five was not having it, "Yeah, something like that. Maybe just have Syd as my friend."

Klaus gasped, "Okay, my son has a girlfriend."

I snapped my head towards Klaus, "Wait-what, I didn't agree to that."

Klaus ignored me, "What's our cover story?"

"What? What are you talking about?"

"I mean, was I really young when I had you? Like, 16? Like young, and-"

"Terribly misguided?" I suggested.

"Yes!" 

Five was pissed, "Sure."

"Your mother, that slut. Whoever she was. We met at the-"

"Disco?" I chimed in again.

Klaus smiled, "Perfect. Remember that kiddos." Klaus snapped his fingers, "Oh, my God, the sex was amazing."