0.2

k a y l e i g h

Getting up for school is always the hard part. Do you ever find yourself feeling so much more comfortable in the when you have to get up, rather than when you go to sleep? Because honey, I'm dealing with the same problem. Gosh, the teenage struggles.

"Kay, will you grab Harry on your way down?" I heard my dad shout. I replied with a groan. I got out of bed and instantly felt cold, jumping back under the covers. I finally bucked up the courage to get out, I threw some socks on my feet and went into Harry's room. He was giggling at me from the other side. Harry was still in a cot because he keeps falling out of bed. He's really small.

I picked him up and took him downstairs, I sat him in his highchair and sat on the other side because he normally starts to throw his food around. When Harry was born, he was very early and had to get half of his lung removed, Doctors said because he was so young, small and frail that he might not make it through. Harry did, as you can see, doctors where impressed with his progress, then he started to have complication, when he was about four months old, with his breathing. We took him to the Children's Hospital and they told us he might not make it through the night. But he did. Mum got a little concered because Autism runs in our family and she thought he had it but she never took him to the doctors for it. He's like most normal three year olds, but smaller.

"Kayleigh, go get ready" She said, I walked off upstairs and got my uniform on. I actually like uniforms, because everyone is dressed the same, you can't tell if someone is really poor or if someone was really fucking rich, because we're all the same and equality matters, my people. I probably sound like your head teachers, right? Forgive me.

My phone lit up but made no noise, I picked it up and put the call on loud speaker. I finished putting my tights on, because I wear a skirt.

"Hello?" I asked and pulled on my skirt and tucking in my shirt and putting on my tie. The skirts look a whole lot cuter when you tuck in your shirt. Words of wisdom, right here.

"Hi, Kay, It's me Taylor. I'm not coming in today... I feel sick." She said, I said ok and we chatted about how her mum had just ordered her some concert tickets for her and Daniel for next year. Taylor, love, honey, princess, we're in February... You're literally waiting a whole year. No wonder she bought them, a year in advance they probably cost a tenner. Then she spoke about the Mr Irwin incident that took place yesterday, gosh... Can I fake ill? I completely forgot.

"Are you ready yet?" My Mum shouted up, I put the phone down to Taylor and checked the time, 8:30am, well fuck, I was late. Doesn't matter it'll be fine. I put on some make-up to sort this mess that I call a face. I just put my hair up in a scruffy bun and put on my blazer. I slipped on my all-black high top Converse and walked downstairs. I had P.E today, so I grabbed my bags off the kitchen table. I picked up Harry and headed to the car. Harry had playgroup.

"Ready?" She asked. Dad and I nodded. I texted Daniel asking if he was in, he was so at least I had someone to hang out with. Ten minutes later, Mum parked up outside the school, I groaned again and headed in. I've just realised something, if we have a new Maths teacher there was no reason for me to do the homework, it's not like this new teacher would want it. Wasted my free period on some shit I didn't even need.

I met Daniel in form, as they marked us in and told us about this new maths teacher. Surprisingly he's Mr Shaw's son, Mr Shaw is about forty years old. He was a good looking guy for him age, so his son must be a fucking god. Or I'm over thinking and he's an actual dog. Or Mr Shaw isn't actually good looking and... Oh, shut up, I don't know.

It hit ten o'clock, so everyone piled out of the room and headed to their first lesson, I had a double lesson of P.E. Ugh, fuck getting healthy and pass me that pizza! I walked in my class and the girls were talking about how Mr Joyce wasn't going to be in so we had Mr Irwin as a substitute. Of course they stuffed their bras to make their tits look bigger. They're like McDonald's cheese burger advert; FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!