2.6

a s h t o n

It had been two weeks and right now I could be holding her and whispering sweet nothings into her ears. Except, I'm here with Rachel, I'm not dating her. I just hate being lonely. I realised something about myself and it's not easy to admit but: I'm incapable of being on my own, I depend on people.

We where currently on a small break so I decided to come back to my apartment in Australia. I was drinking some Vodka type drink and slammed the glass down onto the kitchen side and walked back in the room. I put my sweat pants on because I just had a shower and sat on the bed. Rachel was watching tv in my bed.

"Kayleigh texted you, so I texted back telling her to leave you alone because you're doing fine without her." Rachel said and I quickly grabbed my phone from the bedside cabinet.

Kayleigh: To think we could've been together rn.

Ashton: Please leave me alone, I'm doing much better without you.

"Why did you send that?" I yelled and she flinched. I didn't mean to scare her. Great, now I feel bad. I went over and hugged her. "I'm sorry."

"Ashton, I sent it because you may think you're happy with her, but I know you're not. I've seen you happy! From the moment you're on stage, that's your happiest and proudest moments. It's like she doesn't trust you and you don't trust her."

"I trust her with my life."

"But does she?"

"No." I said quietly and lay down. She's doesn't trust me as far as she can throw me. I don't blame her I've done some horrible stuff. But why the hell is she sending me that text right now. Why is she constantly trying to confuse me, she doesn't want me and now she's making it seem like she does.

I heard the doorbell. I got up and told Rachel to wait there and closed the bedroom door. I walked to the front door and opened it. Kayleigh was stood right in front of me, she looked like she had been crying and she was covered in rain water. I let her in and she told me to shut up for a minute while she explained. I couldn't help but smile. She came all the way, from England, just to explain a few things.

"What I said on Skype wasn't my proudest moment. I thought you would have known that it wasn't me that was saying those things- Wait, I was forced to- Zach came back and now he's stopped giving me money and he's taken the house and I'm homeless- " I cut her off because what she was saying was breaking me heart.

"How did you get here?" I asked and she started to cry. She lifted up her t-shirt and I saw a few bruises, but they where big and you could obviously tell that they where punch bruises.

"He beat me and told me to come find you." She said and crouched down to the floor. I helped her stand and walked her over to the couch. It was registering in my mind what she had just said. Zach beat her? "He's never done anything like this before and I'm honestly so scared."

I couldn't speak. One: Because if Rachel was to walk out that room, shit would hit the fan and Two: Because if I do say something I'm going to scream and I don't want to scare her. She put her head on the arm of the chair and closed her eyes. It was a matter of seconds before she was snoring, but only lightly. I took off her shoes and put her legs on the couch and put a blanket over her.

I walked back to Rachel who was smiling at me. I smiled back and grabbed a pillow leaving her in the room alone, with the one rule. 'Don't come out until I say so' I went back to the couch and watched her sleep. I couldn't believe that Zach had hit her. I moved the blanket and her t-shirt and looked at the bruises. I kissed them softly, she winced a little in her sleep and then went back to snoring. I still didn't have anything to say.