2.4

k a y l e i g h

I opened my eyes to hear the waterfall and to be met with darkness. I felt an arm around my waist, I looked down and saw I had no clothes on. The wind blew and made me shiver. LA gets cold at night. Bloody hell! I'm stark naked in the cold.

"Ashton." I whispered and got out of his grip. I nudged him and he made some groaning noises before he opened his eyes. I quickly put my bikini and my over sized t-shirt on, which were cold and damp. I shivered and he put his clothes back on. I dipped myself into the water and swam back to shore. He swam behind me and we walked back. We hoped that everyone would just stay asleep. Or be in a different room.

"I hope they took my bag back, it had my phone in." I said and he said 'Same.' We got back to the house and started to quietly creep upstairs. Thank god I made it back and Ashton showed me a spare room and told me he would bring my stuff tomorrow and I said thank you before giving him a hug. I can't believe I had sex with Ashton. He has a girlfriend, and I had sex with him.

-

I was the only one who was awake and on my phone. Thankfully they brought my bag home and I was currently texting Taylor asking if she's ok and how the move was. She's great and Kira says she's missing me, which was cute.

I finished my bowl of cereal and then Rachel came down and sat at the other side of the table. She just gave me a weird look and went to speak, yet she didn't say anything. Just closed her mouth.

"Where did you and Ashton get to last night?" She asked and poured herself some cereal. I was about to speak but then I heard Ashton talk for me.

"I went to show Kayls the other side of waterfall, catching up because we're friends and I missed her. We both accidentally fell asleep." He says as she gives him a tight hug.

"I thought you cheated on me." She giggles and he laughs. Wow, so much for trust. "Again." She mumbled but Ashton didn't hear her. I just ignored it, he did cheat... 

"What we doing today?" I asked and put my bowl in the sink. I put my phone in my jacket pocket and walked upstairs not bothering to listen to his reply because they started to suck each other's faces off.

I slammed the door and sat on the bed. I heard the door open and then I saw Ashton. He stopped in front of the door and then sat next to me. I pulled my knees up to my chest and I heard him sigh.

"To answer your question, I'm going to write some songs with Luke and then we have a show." He said and I nodded.

"Why can't you just finish with her?!" I asked and he sighed again.

"I just wan-" I cut him off.

"Just want to protect me." I said in a mocking tone and he sighed again. It was beginning to piss me off. "You got what you want, you don't have to stick around. I'm not expecting you to."

"You think I used you for sex? If I wanted to use someone for sex I would go to Rachel not you!" He shouted and walked out, slamming the door. That proves it, he's still fucking her.

I grabbed a pillow and screamed into it. I walked out and saw him in the bedroom. I looked at him, he had his head in his hand.

"To think I thought you changed!" I yelled and he just stood up. He told me to shut up before some hears. "No, I want them to hear. I want them to know what kind of person you are!"

Ashton walked over and connected our lips. One way to shut me up. "Will you shut up, now?"

"Ashton, I really like you... But I'm reliving the past and I don't want that.. Please don't mess me around. I thought I could handle it, seeing pictures of you kissing didn't bother me but doing in front of my face! You've got to choose me or her." I yelled and walked out the room, slamming the door. I got in a spare bikini and went into the pool.

I saw Michael and Calum in the door just floating around. I got in and they smiled. I started to swim so I could get used to the temperature. Michael got out because he was hungry and Calum wanted me to race with him.

"Are you and Ash dating?" He asked and I shook my head. "Oh, he seems to think you are."

"Did he say that?" I asked.

"Yes, last night, he said he asked you and you said yes." Calum said and I nodded.

"So much for 'secret relationship' he's been kissing Rachel, in front of my face. I can't deal with that."

"You need to talk to him." He said and I told him that I already have and it turned into an argument.

"We just don't go well together, it's like fighting fire with fire. We obviously wasn't meant to be. But him and Rachel, that's a different story. When he moved back to England and next to me, he said 'Match made in heaven' I'm beginning to think he was right."

"He doesn't like her, not like he likes you."

"He's got a great way of showing me he likes me."

"He's told me he wants a family with you. That's got to mean something."

"See that's the thing.. I'll never be able to give Ashton his perfect little family." I said and he looked confused.

"Do you not want kids?" He asked.

"I can't have kids."

"Then forget the kids, I just want you." I heard Ashton say from behind me. I swam around and saw him. Ashton helped me up and then moved the hair from my face.

"Do you mean that?" I asked as he put his arm back down. He nodded and I hugged him.

"It's always you." He said and kissed me. "You're all that matters to me, not Rachel, just you. I'd drop my career for you, I'd do anything you'd ask me to do. If you didn't like me hanging with certain people, I'd stop, If you asked me jump in front of a train, I would, just to make you happy. I don't care that you can't give me children. All I care is that you trust and love me like I do with you. It wasn't fair to put you through that. I'm sorry. Please don't leave me."

"You're making me cry." I said and he frowned. "I want to be with you, so bad! But I don't want all the drama from my past being dug up and being served to the world."

"What do you mean?"

"Your fans are like the fucking FBI. They found out my last name wasn't Monroe from seeing one picture of us together! How do I not know that they are already spreading pictures of my murdering father!" I asked and nearly broke down.

"Your last name isn't Monroe?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I found my birth certificate the other day and there was someone else's name was in the father section. He was called Liam Anna. Anna of all last names!"

"That's why you're called Kayleigh Anna Monroe!" He said and I nodded.

"I just thought it was someone's name in my family. I didn't think anything of it." I said and he hugged me.

"I promise to protect you, love you and care for you. If anyone finds anything out we can call them rumours, after all... Your dad didn't kill your brother, so that's a start." He said. I know he's trying to make me feel better.

"I need some time."

"You told me to choose, I came out here and poured my heart out to you and you 'time'.?" He yelled.

"Listen, don't yell, if you can wait two weeks for me, I'll know you're ready for me. I'll trust and love you as you do me. Wait those two little weeks while I sort myself out and prepare for war.. I'll be your girlfriend. Only question is, are you ready for the dance?" I asked.

"What's two weeks?" He said and hugged me. "Wait, can we like kiss and stuff?"

"We shall just remain friends until you can prove to yourself."

"I fucking love you, you know." He said and laughed.

"I fucking love you, too!" I giggled and then heard Calum getting out the water. Oh yeah, he was there the whole time.

a/n: I kind of like this chapter, I like where the plot is going. That 'Monroe' part... I don't even know where that came from.. It's bloody fantastic though! Congratulate my brain for that brilliant idea.