1.7

k a y l e i g h

"Mummy's had her new baby." I said and put my phone down. Kira clapped her hands together. Kira asked if we could go in the backyard to play on the tree swing. I picked her up and took her out. She got down and ran over in her little pink pyjamas. She climbed up and asked me to push her.

As I was pushing her my mind drifted to when Zach and I first put this tire swing on the tree. That was a great day. I told Zach that I had one as a child and he put one up as a surprise for me.

Zach had hold of my eyes, I could tell he was leading me to the backyard. He moved his hands and I saw a perfect tree swing, swinging slightly in the wind. I ran over and he helped me on. It took me back to my childhood. He started to push me and I put my head back, looking into the blue sky and smiling. "This is perfect." I said with glee.

"I'm glad you like it, baby." He says and I stop swinging. I look over to him and he comes closer, pressing his lips to mine. "I love you, so much, Kayls." He said and kisses me again. The first time he had ever told me he loved me. My heart was jumping hoops.

"I love you, Zach." I say and smile. She gets behind the swing and starts pushing me again, going higher and higher.

-

Once Scott picked up Kira, I decided to go and see my Dad. I had only been once since he was in prison for the murder of Harry. I didn't go and see my mum because she became a ragging alcoholic and I'm honestly too scared to go near her.

Let's say after we got home from Australia everything went down hill. Harry had been diagnosed with  Autism. Nobody knew why, but we still loved him and nothing could change that. Then Harry turned 4 and he was being really naughty. Dad grew tired of Harry and then Dad stopped coming downstairs. Mum turned to the alcohol for comfort, she only started having it before she went to bed so then she could sleep better. But then she stared to drink in the mornings, afternoons and then every minute of the day.

I got my coat on and then went out the door, locking it and getting in my car. I set off driving. I got to the police cells, I walked in and told them who I was visiting. He let me through and I waited as they let all the convicts out and my Dad trailed at the back of them. He saw me and smiled. I was the only one who visited him.